Customers With Disabilities

Displaying articles for: September 2012

FiOS Fast Pass logo.jpg

With the exception of Major League baseball playoff tickets, I’ve never been an impulse buyer.  The last time I purchased work shoes, I visited my favorite men’s shoe store four times before making a purchase.

In my mind, I had made a selection on my initial visit, but I’m slow to seal the deal.  After finding the right pair of shoes, I just wanted to know if I could find them at three nearby major retailers for a better price.

Sure enough, after hiking my way around the local mall I realized that my first instinct was right.  I went back to my favorite store and completed my order.  I suspect many of you are like me in that when you shop, you want to learn and compare before buying.

My shopping habit relates to a new program you’ll see us introduce this Monday that’s designed to deliver an enhanced customer experience.  Starting today, we’re pleased to introduce the FiOS Fast PassSM.

Read more...

Television.jpgWe have certainly had a lot of new TV to watch this last week. And there’s more to come. Sunday night alone has enough premieres to keep my DVR busy. Here’s your look at a selection of sporting events and other programs airing on TV during the coming week.

Friday:

CSI: NY – 8 pm on CBS (season premiere)

Fringe – 9 pm on FOX (season 5 premiere)

Made In Jersey – 9 pm on CBS

Saturday:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – 11 am on Nickelodeon (they’re back in a new series!)

Vegas – 8 pm on CBS (repeat of the series premiere, followed by a repeat of Elementary)

48 Hours – 10 pm on CBS (season opener)

Read more...

Forum Discovery Friday: On-the-Go Info on Preparing for Disasters

by Employee ‎09-28-2012 01:46 PM - edited ‎09-28-2012 01:51 PM

NPM Toolkit 2.0 front.jpg(Ed's note: On Thursday, Sept. 27, you may have seen some disaster readiness-themed tweets from @Verizon as representatives from Verizon, FEMA and the American Red Cross gathered in Fairfield, N.J., to stress the importance of emergency preparedness. As a follow up, today's Forum Discovery Friday feature comes from guest blogger and Director of Verizon Strategic Alliances Faizun Kamal of Verizon's Responsibilty Blog, and highlights our support in developing the National Prepardeness Month Digital Took Kit.)

As part of our work to support National Preparedness Month, we’ve collaborated with FEMA and the Industry Council on Emergency Response Technologies (iCERT) to develop the National Preparedness Month Digital Toolkit 2.0.  This is a straightforward online toolkit designed to help you learn how to use wireless phones and tablets to obtain critical information before, during and after a disaster.

Read more...

Television.jpgBack again with some TV watching suggestions for the week ahead. Plus, make sure you check out our Spanish-language free preview taking place right now! Here’s your look at a selection of sporting events and other programs airing on TV during the coming week.

Friday:

2012 ALMA Awards – 8 pm on NBC

What Would You Do – 9 pm on ABC

Strike Back – 10 pm on Cinemax

Saturday:

Creative Arts Emmy Awards – 8 pm on REELZ

My Fair Wedding With David Tutera: Unveiled – 9 pm on WE

Saturday Night Live – 11:30 pm on NBC (Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Mumford & Sons)

Read more...

Spanish Insert Image 1.jpgI’m back today to tell you about more freebies on FiOS! I hope you all got to enjoy the HBO & Cinemax free preview last weekend, as well as the Fox Soccer Plus free preview taking place right now through this weekend (on FiOS TV Channel 1009).

Today I’m here to tell you about another FiOS TV free preview featuring more than 40 Spanish-language channels. As I’ve mentioned here before, FiOS TV offers the most Spanish-language channels including the most in HD. We’ve been hard at work, creating a Spanish-language offering that appeals to all members of your family and helps keep our Spanish-speaking customers close to their culture.

Read more...

FlexViewOnUs_Confirmation.PNGBack in August, we told you about a number of enhancements that Verizon was making to FiOS TV Video on Demand (VOD). I hope many of you have had a chance to enjoy the new VOD, and I have more good news to share. We have more enhancements coming your way!

FiOS customers will notice more improvements to the VOD experience, and it’s all because of you. We’re always listening to what you have to say, through the Verizon Idea Exchange, Twitter and Facebook, and we’ve been able to implement some of your suggestions for VOD.

Read more...

Television.jpgWe have a lot of great TV coming your way this week, including a free preview of HBO and Cinemax this weekend! Check the “One More Note” section below for more details on this free preview, and two others coming up in the next few weeks from Fox Soccer Plus and EPIX. Here’s your look at a selection of sporting events and other programs airing on TV during the coming week.

Friday:

Shark Tank – 8 pm on ABC (season premiere)

2012 Style Awards – 8 pm on STYLE

Strike Back – 10 pm on Cinemax

Saturday:

Doctor Who – 9 pm on BBC America

Saturday Night Live – 11:30 pm on NBC (season premiere, hosted by Seth MacFarlane)

Read more...

Forum Discovery Friday: You Need A Plan (In Case Of An Emergency)

by Employee ‎09-14-2012 11:10 AM - edited ‎09-14-2012 11:10 AM

medium.jpg(Ed's note: This week's Forum Discovery Friday feature on Verizon at Home comes from the Verizon Small Biz Blog on Thursday's news release highlighting ways small business owners can prepare disasters.)

Yes, we wrote about this not too long ago, but this is important, particularly since September is National Preparedness Month.

We never know when a disaster will strike; small business owner in particularly need to have a plan in place to keep your business up and running.

Earlier today we issued a news release with a long list of helpful tips to help you be prepared, below are some key ones specifically for small business owners.

Read more...

Quick Hit Update: Verizon Wireless Launches Mobile Security App for Android

by Employee ‎09-13-2012 04:09 PM - edited ‎09-13-2012 04:20 PM

vz mobile security.pngWe recently shared with you information on the growing Malware threat to PCs, Macs and mobile devices, and today, Verizon Wireless announced the latest weapon to help you combat this digital epidemic -- Verizon Mobile Security. This new app -- which can be downloaded from the Verizon Channel in Google Play onto more than 30 Android Smartphones -- delivers a choice of three security service options to help you better safeguard your Android devices from digital threats such as malicious links in emails or potentially unsafe apps to physical threats as a result of a misplace or lost phone. 

Click here to learn more about Verizon Mobile Security, and here to learn more about how you can keep your Smartphone safe.

Television.jpgHappy Friday! We have a lot of TV in store for us this next week. The start of all the talk shows alone could keep my DVR busy for a while – Ellen, Anderson, Steve Harvey, Jeff Probst, Katie Couric, and the list goes on. Here’s a look at a selection of sporting events and other programs airing on TV during the coming week.

Friday:

Stand Up To Cancer – 8 pm (a variety of celebrities are performing and appearing on this special fund raiser for cancer research, airing on most of the major networks)

Saturday:

NASCAR: Sprint Cup – 7:30 pm on ABC

Dog Whisperer – 8 pm on Nat Geo Wild

Celebrity Ghost Stories – 9  pm on Bio (featuring Jack Osbourne)

Read more...

Get your laughs on with FiOS & the new FOX Tuesday comedy lineup

by Employee ‎09-06-2012 04:50 PM - edited ‎09-06-2012 05:23 PM

Verizon FiOS Presents the New FOX Tuesday.jpgThe fall television season is right around the corner and Verizon is thrilled to partner with FOX to give FiOS TV customers a front row seat to the network’s new Tuesday night comedy block. We’re welcoming back favorites “New Girl” and “Raising Hope” and newcomers “Ben and Kate” and “The Mindy Project” with some exciting content, including behind-the-scenes elements, promos for upcoming episodes and interviews with the casts and crews of the shows. To top of the fun, Verizon and Fox are hosting a sweepstakes that will give one lucky winner a chance to visit the Los Angeles set of a FOX comedy series!

Read more...

Growing Malware Threat to PCs, Macs and Mobile Devices

by Employee ‎09-05-2012 05:04 PM - edited ‎09-05-2012 08:15 PM

computervirus.jpg

The days of thinking that only your PC needs virus protection are over. According to a recent CNET article by Dara Kerr, threats against our computers, laptops and smartphones by worms, viruses, botnets, Trojans, spam, and many other types of Malware, are rapidly increasing in number and sophistication, leading Kerr to conclude that “every single device that connects to the Internet is in danger.”

Read more...

What makes a Smart Home? Chat tonight at 9ET w/ The Online Mom & VZ's Ann Shaub

by Employee ‎09-04-2012 01:02 PM - edited ‎09-04-2012 01:06 PM

JOINTOMsidelogo.gifQuick programing note for the evening of Sept. 4: Verizon Home Monitoring and Control (#smarthome) lead advocate The Online Mom will spearhead a TweetChat tonight with special guest Ann Shaub, our Director of Product Management -- Connected Home and Customer Premise Equipment. With the new school year upon us and more reason than ever to evolve the efficiencies and securities of our homes, you won't want to miss this insightful TweetChat. Click here to RSVP (and for a chance to win a Samsung Galaxy Tablet!) or simply join the TweetChat here tonight at 9ET. Happy tweeting!

Click here to learn more about Verizon Home Monitoring and Control.

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bill Kula

Director -- Media Relations

Photo of Bill Kula

Bill oversees the Verizon telecom customer experience, consumer bundles, DSL, e-commerce and small business. He helps customers learn about efficient ways to manage their Verizon services.

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools