Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Innovation

by ‎01-11-2012 09:25 PM - edited ‎01-11-2012 09:28 PM

vzn_CES_info_v3-blog.jpg

This blog post was written by our newest blogger, John Czwartacki. Stay tuned for more blog posts from CZ.

Verizon is a company like many others in the technology space.  Filled with innovative minds, brimming with patents.  But we are also always striving to become something better.

We’re determined to change, evolve, in a word, innovate who we are and what we do.

We are becoming a globally connected solutions company.  We already provide the tools that make a borderless life reality. Our networks allow you, and the developers who are everywhere at CES, to erase boundaries of geography, space, and time. 

But as our new president of Verizon Enterprise Solutions John Stratton said at his panel today, transforming ourselves into this type of tech company involves this kind of innovation.

Read more...

CES and the Potential it Promises

by on ‎01-09-2012 04:20 PM - last edited on ‎01-10-2012 10:01 AM by

vzn_CES_info_v1-blog (2).jpg This blog post was written by our newest blogger, John Czwartacki. Stay tuned for more blog posts from CZ coming soon...

Well it’s time for another Consumer Electronics Show (CES).  Booths are going up, devices are being polished, and check-ins are flying.  Before packing my bags for Vegas, I was packing up Christmas lights for another year and I got to thinking: did the early deplorers of the electric grid have any idea what they we unleashing on all of us?  1,000 lights on a tree may be excessive, and it is pretty cool to look at, but the was no way they knew the availability of the grid in every home would spur a manufacturer in China to produce for me a strand of Christmas lights so our tree had some eye candy. 

Read more...

CES 2012! Or as I like to call it: TechAPalooza

by Employee ‎01-09-2012 11:57 AM - edited ‎01-09-2012 12:00 PM

ScreenShot of CES Newscenter.pngI'm sitting at JFK airport waiting for my flight to Vegas. I don't plan on spending too much time at the tables (I'm a horribly uninterested gambler), but I do plan on being wowed by a dizzying flurry of devices and tech demos at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show, dubbed the largest trade show in the world

If you want a one-stop shop for your CES fix, visit our newsroom at http://newscenter.verizon.com/ces/. A bunch of us will be posting videos, blogs, news releases and linking to news stories of interest.

Here are more details about Verizon's presence at 2012 International CES:

At the 2012 International CES next week, Verizon and a wide range of technology ecosystem partners will demonstrate how they are creating innovative solutions and breaking down old-technology barriers to meet the communications and entertainment needs of consumers and businesses.

Stratton will be part of the CES Innovation Power Panel taking place at 9 a.m. PT Wednesday (Jan. 11) in the Las Vegas Hilton Theater. The panel, which also includes CEOs from Xerox and Ford Motor Co., will explore how a spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship helped make their companies global leaders in their respective industries. Verizon will webcast the power panel live.

Read more...

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements