Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

iPhone and FiOS TV: A Perfect Pairing (and a New Ad to Show It)

by Employee ‎02-14-2011 04:06 PM - edited ‎02-15-2011 10:34 AM

fios copy1.jpg

More people than ever now rely on Verizon’s advanced networks to keep them connected to their lives wherever they go.

This month iPhone lovers began flocking to Verizon Wireless to put their favorite mobile device together with the nation’s most reliable wireless network.  And oh, what a difference!

Verizon also wants America to know that their iPhones can integrate with FiOS TV and the nation’s most advanced, all-fiber-optic network.  We’ve got a new TV ad launching tonight—on Valentine’s Day—that shows what a happy couple the FiOS iPhone app and FiOS TV can be.

And you’re seeing the new ad first here at Verizon at Home.

The FiOS iPhone app lets you use your iPhone as a FiOS TV remote control, manage your DVR remotely and flick photos from your phone to your big screen TV.  (If you have an Android smartphone, you can connect with FiOS TV too.  Check here for details.)

Verizon’s also making it easy for people to add an iPhone when they purchase a FiOS or High Speed Internet (HSI) triple play or quad play bundle. We’ll help you get the iPhone ordered, and you’ll get the benefits of signing up for a new bundle, which include:

• A $200 Verizon Rewards Card that can be used to partially offset the cost of your new iPhone.
  • A $9.99 monthly bundle discount on your FiOS bill or $4.99 monthly on your HSI bill.
  • Order a FiOS quad play at any Verizon Wireless, Verizon Plus or Verizon Experience store and get an additional $10 in monthly savings for the first 12 months of your bundle.

Our FiOS TV iPhone app and new bundles underscore that communication is about more than devices.  It’s about networks and services that break down technology borders to connect people to what they love, anywhere, anytime and on a multitude of devices.

Let us know how your favorite smartphones are helping you enjoy FiOS at home and away.  We’d love hearing from you.

Comments
by 10nisman94 on ‎02-14-2011 04:58 PM

So due current tripple play customers upgrading to a quad play get the full $200 gift card plus $10/month discount, or are they only eligble for $10 a month disount for a year?

by Employee on ‎02-14-2011 05:30 PM
10nisman94,

To qualify for this offer, you must be adding either FiOS Internet or FiOS TV service to your account for the first time. You aren't eligible for the offer if you're upgrading to the quad play -- that is, adding Verizon Wireless service to your current FiOS triple play.

Bobbi
by sccohen1 on ‎02-14-2011 06:57 PM

So existing, loyal customers (FIoS & mobile) get nada?  That's not good customer juju. 

by mi6430 on ‎02-14-2011 09:07 PM

I do not believe existing customers get any sort of cash back or incentive. You should call Verizon directly to check they may offer you some sort of discounts if you call and bundle everything with them such as phone, internet and television. I was a cable user, so as a first time fios verizon convert, I recieved up to $480 back. Most new subscribers, keyword "New" can qualify for these cashbacks, Just google "Verizon Fios Promo or deals" and or any sites similar to couponmom, mycoupons or another good one rickscouponpicks on their Fios Promotions Offer page have the direct offer listed from Verizon.

Another tip, make sure you call in. It all depends how you come across and what kind of rep you get when you do call in but most reps are very helpful and may very well provide a discount upfront or on monthly susbscription fees. Try online and then call, calling really helps.

by KAL on ‎03-19-2011 01:47 PM

Hi,

Last week I signed up verizon Triple play online (ultimate Bundle). I am interested in this bundle get this promotion with iphone, i tried to online chat with wireless to get new service. They told me this verizon fios service i need to contact them. I calle fios order they are not aware of this.  Could some one post right department with contact number to add new service to make use of this promotion.

Thanks in advance!

KLA

by Employee on ‎03-21-2011 05:49 PM

KAL,

The iPhone promotion described in this blog post has ended in most markets.  However, new customers who have never ordered a FiOS triple or quad-play bundle and live in Pennsylvania, Delaware or Southern New Jersey can still take advantage of the promotion through April 16.

Bobbi.

by mdcatdad on ‎11-11-2011 02:58 PM
What about Triple Play FiOS customers coming to the end of their 2-year contract who don't yet own an iPhone (I'm interested in the 4S of course). Is there a deal for new Verizon Wireless customers and the 65 Plus plan?
Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements