• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
bluemoonangel
0 Kudos

Android Phone and Verizon-Yahoo Email account

I've had my Verizon-Yahoo email account as my default email on my Android phone for nearly
2 years. Suddenly, it does not sync with my actual email anymore and I cannot retrieve newly

sent email to me.
What happened?
I deleted my Verizon-Yahoo email account thinking I could readd it without issue and now it
won't add it. So, I am without my regular, most used email address on my mobile phone.
How do I fix this problem step by step and what happened in the first place.

If I canot retrieve my email there is no need for data. I need it for college classes and work,
as well as other business uses.

Can someone help me?

In addition, I have been receiving ALOT of SPAM on my regular Verizon-Yahoo email over the
past 6-12 months and I don't understand why. How do I fix that. I keep sending these adult ads
and other SPAM to the SPAM folders but it keeps coming back!! Is someone signing me up
for this stuff and how do i stop t from happening?

Thank you for your assistance in advance.

Blue.

Employee
Anthony_VZ
0 Kudos

Re: Android Phone and Verizon-Yahoo Email account

Incoming Mail server = incoming.yahoo.verizon.com

Outgoing Mail server = outgoing.yahoo.verizon.com

Use the standard port 110 for your incoming mail

Use port 587 for the outgoing email.

For both make sure SSL is not checked.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Contributor
bluemoonangel
0 Kudos

Thank you.
When I try to add account it fails over and over again and just asks me to try again.
When I try to add corporate sync account it does not recognize the incoming server
I input per your reply. It states error and does not recognize host.

Blue.

Employee
Anthony_VZ
0 Kudos

Those are the correct settings. I have double checked on my Droid RAZR. I deleted my email account on the phone and re-entered without any troubles. I too am yahoo partnered. This seems to be a problem with the way the phone is sending the settings. Consult with your wireless carrier to see if there is a different way these settings need to be entered.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Contributor
wylse
0 Kudos

My yahoo e-mail has been comprimised.I am resending emails to people i sent them to weeks even months after i originally sent them.This is not only troubling to me but it is troublesum to the recipients.Anyone else having issue?

Copper Contributor
NYCityGirl

Hi:

I experience the same problem when I downloaded systems updates on my Android Bionic phone, I was not able to sync my Verizon Yahoo email account.  I went through the same steps and nothing worked, until one savvy Verizon Wireless IT support agent told me to download the Yahoo Mail App on to my phone and that solved my problem instantly.  I logged in using my Verizon.net username and password and have been able to access my email with no problems ever since and have also updated my Yahoo Mail App and all works beautifully.

NYCityGirl

Contributor
jersygrl
0 Kudos

My droid razor-maxx will not sync today either and it is very frustrating.   I go to setting and and all I can do is 'touch the screen to sync now' but it do not retain the option.  It continues to display 'Sync is off.'  I too am looking for an answer to this dilemma - PLEASE!

Contributor
redfern220
0 Kudos

THANK YOU!!! this was the easiest way to fix this problem.  My yahoo-verizon email was working fine then all the sudden it stopped. I tried and tried to load it on and just couldn't get it to work.  this is great..and the app is better than it was originally!!

Thanks !

Contributor
gardenertoo
0 Kudos

Thanks for your comments.  Wireless told me it was email's problem but downloading the app worked.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411