Can't log into my email account
ppet99

Early this morning when I logged in to check my email on verizon webmail a popup asked me if I wanted to be one of the first to try some new version of verizon webmail.  I clicked yes and then it allowed me to log in normally.  I did not notice anything new or unusual and forgot about it.

Now I am at work and and I can't log in as I normally do several times a day.  I get 

"Login credentials incorrect. Please Try Again !"

I've had minor issues occasionally before but this is going on for several hours now.

Was I phished?  I had an online chat session (including a remote desktop session) and a phone call with verizon tech support, but nobody seems to know anything.

Was that popup from verizon or not.  Can someone check if my account name or password has been changed today?

I'm starting to get a little worried.

Paul

0 Likes
Re: Can't log into my email account
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hi ppet99,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

ppet99

sorry

0 Likes
ppet99

In the spirit of "peer to peer" I'll give you all a rundown of my experience.

I logged on to my verizon email account early this morning.

A popup asked me if I wanted to be one of the first to get some new version of webmail or something.

I clicked OK and proceeded to log in normally.  I did not notice anything weird or different and I forgot about it.

Later, at work when I tried to check my email I got an error about  login credentials.  Could not log into my verizon email account.  Started feeling the stress!

Apparently, switching to web 2.0 (or whatever) did "something" to my password.  A simple password reset should take care of it... Not so simple! 

A few calls, and live online sessions did nothing to help with the stress.

I had to wait till I got home to reset my password because I'm the primary account holder and my password is on the dsl modem as well.  Now there is a great feature!   So, if I was away on a trip... sorry, go home!

What do I know, I'm just an idiot and I even violated the "peer to peer" rule on here.  I'm really sorry about that...

Anyway when I got home the tech guy helped me straighten it out so it worked out ok.

{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
lee531

cant log into email

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@lee531 wrote:

cant log into email

THis is a peer to peer forum and a very old thread.  If you want Verizon support use one of the other "CONTACT US" options listed on every page.  If you want us peers to try and help, open a new thread and give a few details.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes