Can't send emails from Apple iPad
jpdetweiler
I am using Verizon's web based email service. Operating with a DSL connection. iPad connects wirelessly via router. I have a good Internet connection on the iPad and receive email just fine. However, I can not send emails from my iPad. Any ideas what the problem is or where to start looking?
0 Likes
Re: Can't send emails from Apple iPad
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@jpdetweiler wrote:
I am using Verizon's web based email service. Operating with a DSL connection. iPad connects wirelessly via router. I have a good Internet connection on the iPad and receive email just fine. However, I can not send emails from my iPad. Any ideas what the problem is or where to start looking?

What error are you getting?

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

EMAIL SETTINGS AS OF 6 8 2013

VERIZON  Mail server settings On DELL 6500 Latitude  iPad 2 Wi-Fi    32 Gb and iPhone 5

Outlook: Tools-- Account Settings-- Mail –Change-- More Settings-- Advanced

EMAIL ACCOUNTS

incomoing.verizon.net     POP/SMTP(Default)

Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.verizon.net  my iPad ,i Phone also set up this way

Incoming Server Port Numbers: 995   ALSO USED WITH MY Ipad,iPhone

Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.verizon.net    my iPad,iPhone  also set up this way

Outgoing Server Port Numbers: 465    ALSO USED WITH MY Ipad,iPhone

PROVIDES GREATER PROTECTION FROM SPAM AND VIRUSES.

Make sure "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" is checked

EVERYTHING STILL WORKING  PERFECTLY AS OF RIGHT NOW

HOPE THIS HELPS

0 Likes
Jim_Harrington

I was having the same problem.  There may be some glitch in the software that doesn't accept the changes being made properly.  I finally deleted that email account from the iPad and then re-entered it from scratch.  It now seems to be working fine.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

SUGGEST YOU DELETE OLD VERIZON ACCT EMAILS THAT YOU REALLY DON’T WANT TO KEEP AT THE VERIZON SERVER.

DEACTIVATE OLD VERIZON ACCOUNT ON THE iPAD

ACTIVATE A NEW NAME VERIZON ACCOUNT  ON YOUR iPAD WITH ABOVE NEW PORTS THAT VZ IS REQUIRING .

ANY EMAILS THAT ARE LEFT ON THE VZ SERVER WILL BE DOWNLOADED TO THE NEW VZ ACCOUNT ON THE Ipad

I FOUND THIS WAY TO DELETE OLD EMAILS WORKS PERFECTLY A GREAT CONTRIBUTION BY A FELLOW VZ FORUM MEMBER

Re: How delete over 20,000 old emails messages easily?

To delete all of your messages from your inbox, go to the settings tab, and then go down to "Number of messages per page" and set it to "No limit". Hit "Save" at the top and then hit OK when it asks you to refresh your browser. Then in your inbox, check the box that is to the left of "Sender" and hit delete. It will take a long time if you have that many messages, but it'll get done. Cheers! 

0 Likes