Can't sent to AOL email recipients
cornyship
Every one of my emails to AOL recipients have bounced back since yesterday. Strange error message about Mail server for "aol.com" unreachable for too long. What's going on? Yahoo mail tells me that I need to report this to Verizon, so I am trying here. Thanks, Cornelia
0 Likes
Re: Can't sent to AOL email recipients
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@cornyship wrote:
Every one of my emails to AOL recipients have bounced back since yesterday. Strange error message about Mail server for "aol.com" unreachable for too long. What's going on? Yahoo mail tells me that I need to report this to Verizon, so I am trying here. Thanks, Cornelia

Odds are that some automated block has been triggered in AOL's system. While odds are good that Verizon and AOL will get this sorted out without you doing anything, I should mention that this post is not "reporting this to Verizon." This is a peer-to-peer support forum. If you want to get a message to Verizon, you should contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.

0 Likes
Re: Can't sent to AOL email recipients
cornyship
I think I figured out the problem. Yahoo recently shut down their classic mail service and I did not see the notice. Thru an iPad setup, the configuration just looks like "mail" which was actually a version of classic mail. I installed the Yahoo!Mail App which works fine alone, but, anything sent via that old mail icon gets the "unreachable" message 24 hours later. On a PC, the new address must also be used. Thanks for your reply.
0 Likes