Can't whitelist IP\domain
FFTravism

I been trying to use the whitelist request and it keeps coming back from your servers stating I have a dynamic IP or I am spamming. I do not allow spamming from my servers and have them locked down. I am not listed on any RBL's. This IP has been assigned to me for 4 years. Please help

Travis

0 Likes
Re: Can't whitelist IP\domain
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@FFTravism wrote:

I been trying to use the whitelist request and it keeps coming back from your servers stating I have a dynamic IP or I am spamming. I do not allow spamming from my servers and have them locked down. I am not listed on any RBL's. This IP has been assigned to me for 4 years. Please help

Travis

When you say the IP has been assigned to you for 4 years, is that statically assigned, or a dynamic assignment that hasn't changed? Generally speaking, static IPs cost extra, so you should know if you have one.

If you go to the following link, does your IP address show up on any other blacklists?

http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check

0 Likes
kaytabor30
Enthusiast - Level 3

somegirl

verizon will assign you a static ip for nothing static ip means the ip does not change unlike dynamic

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@kaytabor30 wrote:

somegirl

verizon will assign you a static ip for nothing static ip means the ip does not change unlike dynamic

Incorrect. In order for Verizon to statically assign an IP, you have to pay for business class service. All residential accounts are assigned IP addresses via DHCP.

Dynamically assigned IP addresses can and do change, but with Verizon's set up, they rarely change as long as you leave your modem or router (depending on which service you have) on and connected 24/7. (Barring extenuating circumstances, of course.)

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You've left out a lot of key information.

What ISP is providing the IP address?

If it's Verizon and it's a home account, that may be an issue.

If it's another ISP then you need to work with your ISP to find out what kind of address is assigned.

If your trying to get Verizon to whitelist the server so Verizon users can send email to your server, you may get a better response if a Verizon user submits the whitelist response.

If you give us more information about this issue, we might be able to give you better guidance.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
kaytabor30
Enthusiast - Level 3

Incorrect. In order for Verizon to statically assign an IP, you have to pay for business class service. All residential accounts are assigned IP addresses via DHCP.

Dynamically assigned IP addresses can and do change, but with Verizon's set up, they rarely change as long as you leave your modem or router (depending on which service you have) on and connected 24/7. (Barring extenuating circumstances, of course.)

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

somegirl,

you might want to look at these settings in your modem

LAN IP And DHCP Settings

3. Set the DHCP server lease time.

DHCP Server Lease Time:
fyi i can set mine from 1 day to 7 days.
ask tech support about a static ip.
why do you think verizon response to people tryin to whitelist (you have a dynamic assigned ip cause it can change often) example:reboot modem,and change according to your lease time settings.

0 Likes
FFTravism

Yes I did.. My servers are not on verizons network. I am trying to get my IP's removed from verizon's blacklist. I have tired using the whitelist request website and as everyone is having problems getting removed. If I email from my server to a verizon.net email address it will bounce back.

Travis

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@FFTravism wrote:

Yes I did.. My servers are not on verizons network. I am trying to get my IP's removed from verizon's blacklist. I have tired using the whitelist request website and as everyone is having problems getting removed. If I email from my server to a verizon.net email address it will bounce back.

Travis

Have you contacted your ISP about this?  (Sorry if I missed a post about this...)

0 Likes
FFTravism

My ISP will just say to switch IP's. which is not a option. It's hard to get a good IP record. Verizon is the only one marking me as spam. And from the looks they do this to everyone and do not give a way to get whitelisted.

Travis

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi FFTravism,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes