Cannot forward SPAM email to sender
mwinnick

I receive a spam email and try to send it to either the sender or some organization to deal with. Verizon won't send it telling me it's spam, which I know. So I try to cut the image out and paste it in another email. Welll Verizon somehow knows what I've done and refuses to send that too.

Why and how do I get it to stop so I can forward the email for the company to deal with?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot forward SPAM email to sender
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They let you send it to

spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net  Which gets it to their suport team (third party last I heard)

and

spam@uce.gov  The government site

Perhaps a few others but in general since its spam they don't know that you aren't the spammer or just making a mistake and forwardint the spam to someone else to also get spammed/phished etc.

The real sender is just waiting for you to reply.  So you don't want to send or reply to them.  If you really think the company/etc that the spammer is pretending to be needs to see it, you can sometimes zip up a copy and send it to their Abuse/spam email address.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot forward SPAM email to sender
mwinnick

Zip it up. Good solution. That's what I really want to do. My work around has been to cut it out, paste it in a new email, but before I send that I again cut out the portion of the new email I want to send and paste that into another new email to send. Zipping sounds easier. Thanks.

0 Likes