Compose and Reply don't work
pamela48
Enthusiast - Level 2

For two days I've have not been able to use netmail.verizon.net to compose or reply to messages.  When I click on either Compose or Reply the screen freezes and I have to do control/alt/delete to get rid of the program and start over.  Then, I still can't compose or reply.

0 Likes
Re: Compose and Reply don't work
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Justin46
Legend

You have not provided enough information for anybody to really help you.

1) What browser are you using - Internet Explorer (which level), Firefox (which level), something else? And Windows or OS X or what?

2) Whatever browser you are using, have you tried running it in "safe mode"? That is, without any add-ons? If not, I suggest you do so.

3) Have you installed any service (fixes) on your system in the last two days? For example, if you are using Windows, there were some fixes made available in the last few days. (I have not yet installed those fixes)

4) Have you made any changes yourself to your system, specifically to whatever browser you are using?

5) Which Verizon webmail client are you using? That is, "New" or "Classic", and if Classic, Rich or Basic.

With the above info, maybe somebody can help. For the record, I am using Firefox 3.6.13 under Windows 7 and have just now tried both the "Classic Rich" and "New" versions of Verizon webmail with no problems.

Keller, TX 76248

frustrated213

I have been having the same problem. I can't compose or forward an email. It just locks up. After using control alt delete I sent an error report to Microsoft. I  tried one of their fixes of disconnecting Explorer add ons but that didn't work. I've never had this problem before & I think it probably started after a Windows automatic update last week. That's when I first noticed it. I have Internet Explorer version 7.

0 Likes
michelleaburns
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem.  Going back to the Classic View resolved it (it was slow and gave an error about a script) but I can now compose and reply.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

• Try a 2nd Browser like Google Chrome or Firefox (possible browser issue can be identified by testing in a 2nd browser)
  • Test it from a 2nd machine like a laptop, friends or work computer
0 Likes
spaul916
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue turns out to be an add ons issue with IE I used a different browser like Chrome and no issues, I was able to run IE without add ons enabled and then it worked now i just have to figure out which add on is causing the issue.

Nah it's easier to use Chrome.

Hope this helps.