E-mailing photos
JMK8

Is there a way to increase the size of emails?  I frequently send photos and the 8 Mb size  restriction limits the email to 1 photo.  Is there a way to decrease size of  .jpg photo?  Often I must send several emails in order to include the photos I wish to send.  The 8 Mb restriction is really quite small.  Suggestion? 

Also, if I want to semd a video, I can't do that at all!  The iPhone can send video, why not verizon.net?.   Suggestion?

0 Likes
Re: E-mailing photos
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with the size limitations. You can use various different picture editing software to adjust the size of the picture. Videos take up a lot more space than a picture. It wont take long at all to surpass the 8mb limit set by the Verizon email. If you are in need of an email service that has a higher limit, you might want to check out Gmail. If memory serves me correct, their file size limit is 25mb. Keep in mind as well the recipient on the other end. Even if you can send high file size attachments, the person you are sending to might not be able to receive it.

0 Likes
JMK8

Thank you for your quick response.  True the receiver might not be able to open larger file, but I've never had trouble opening iPhone photos or video.  Neither have the others that I correspond with have trouble opening email with several photos.  I'm the only one who can't send several photos or else a video.  Maybe the other people have other service providers!  FIOS has an excellent reputation and is a highly rated service for the high cost.  Could FIOS consider increasing the file size we can send - in order to compete with GMail (which is a free service).  Awaiting your reply.  JMK

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

This would be a perfect candidate for the Verizon Idea Exchange. Please search on the idea exchange and cast your vote. There may be another member who made the same suggestion. If not, please add a new idea so your fellow community members can comment and vote on your suggestion. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange . The Verizon Idea Exchange is there for you to submit your ideas and suggestions to Verizon so that we can consider them as we innovate our products and services.

0 Likes