EMail from GMail Not Delivered
Carmen99

Messages sent from a GMail account to verizon emails are not being received by the verizon users. Here is a simple test I am able to reproduce 100% of the time:

Open Outlook app in Windows 10.

Send a message from a gmail account to users accounts on yahoo, hotmail, gmail and verizon. They are all included in To: field as a list. The From: field contains the gmail address.

Send the message.

The yahoo, hotmail and gmail accounts immediately received the email.

The verizon account does not. There is no returned error message. Nothing appears in spam or filter folders. The copy to verizon never appears.

I double checked my outlook setup for rogue filters that might be deleting the message but there are no filters in the program.

As an extra check, I logged into gmail webmail and sent the same message from there. This time, my outlook does receive the message from gmail into the verizon account. So it is not a case of Outlook having some filtering for incoming gmail messages.

As a further check, I sent emails from two different verizon accounts to the gmail account. I received them and replied to them. The reply messages never appear in the verizon accounts.

At this point, I am fairly certain the gmail thinks it has successfully delivered the emails to Verizon. This suggests that something in the header records, when the email is generated by Outlook, is causing verizon to accept the email and then toss it away.

Here is a copy of a header record from a failed email sent to a single verizon account from the gmail account.

Return-Path: <REDACTED@gmail.com>
Received: from REDACTED (pool-96-227-134-75.phlapa.fios.verizon.net.
 [96.227.134.75]) by smtp.gmail.com with ESMTPSA id
 i67sm8436062ywf.34.2016.02.11.17.20.39 for <REDACTED@verizon.net>
 (version=TLS1_2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128); Thu, 11 Feb
 2016 17:20:39 -0800 (PST)
Return-Receipt-To: "REDACTED" <REDACTED@gmail.com>
To: "REDACTED" <REDACTED@verizon.net>
Subject: receipt requested
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 20:20:25 -0500
Message-ID: <!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAANdkU57NthZIluWJ7d6nbuUigQAAEAAAALgVaYBYu0FMvg3+P+9b/3wBAAAAAA==@gmail.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 14.0
Thread-Index: AdFlM4UFeuQFDl9/QKCJ31LzGZv6Lg==
Content-Language: en-us
Disposition-Notification-To: "REDACTED" <REDACTED@gmail.com>

0 Likes