Editing emails prior to forwarding, removing previous senders info
hoursandhours

I can't seem to edit the previous headers off the email prior to forwarding...gotta be an easy way but if I highlight and hit delete I remove the entire email???  Anyone figure this out yet???

0 Likes
Re: Editing emails prior to forwarding, removing previous senders info
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

real headers are not part of any email.

Are you talking about the WEB version?  Its probably limited.  I have no trouble using an email client.

0 Likes
hoursandhours

Being a techno-peasant I probably used the wrong terminology. on a forwarded message the email contains the sender and all the people it was sent to. sometimes this happens several times and by the time you get the message it is loaded with other peoples email accounts. norton said these should be removed prior to forwarding the message again....internet search said to highlight the area and hit the delete key...with verizon this not only deletes the highlighted area but removes the entire email...I just want toremove the senders info and forwarded contacts info...not the message.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I typically use a email client (thunderbird) and have no trouble with it.  Just tried using the web version and as long a don't use reply all, it doesn't seem to have trouble letting you delete out the TO and CC info.

0 Likes