Email Address Suspended - Cannot Reactivate
gardenwood1

Due to inconsistent and slow DSL service, I've recently started service with a new provider in our area. Part of this change of service was to port our old home phone number, previously held by Verizon, to the new provider. However, without any warning the email address associated with this account has been suspended. 

I had deliberately avoided cancelling my Verizon service for the sole reason of wanting to give myself time to review old emails, forward important ones, etc. 

It seems now that after three different phone calls with Verizon support that nobody is capable of solving this issue. The last representative informed me that after the service with the old number has ended, the emails are all lost. Another representative informed me that they can be retrieved but only if I re-instate our service. That call was then transfered elsewhere and lost. And yet another echoed the last representatives statements initially, then proceeded to attempt to sign us up for a completely new account (untied to the old email address). 

In the end, we just want to access to our old emails and email address, one we've been using for at least 10 years, for the next couple weeks at most. I find it more than a bit frustrating how it was taken away without prior notice from Verizon.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Email Address Suspended - Cannot Reactivate
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes