Re: Email Setup in Outlook 2013
Felyxcat44

I was able to set up my Outlook 2013 to receive Verizon email.

Use these setting:

My server requires secure logon yes

for pop3  use - incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

for smtp use - outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

Use SSL for both

Ports  995  and 465

Hope this helps, mine works fine now.

0 Likes
burbette

This worked for me but I have to say I tried it a dozen times using these settings and twice as many times using other settings and then all of a sudden, it worked.  Don't know why it finally worked the last time but I'm happy now.

0 Likes
JIMFIX1

I had problem reinstalling  Verizon.net mail after my computer crashed.  I could not use in-home agent it told me so.  but the control panel and outlook13 install programs did not work either. THe general chatter gave a lot of unsuccessful hints.

THe solution was that while I had a recent and valid Ver--.net pAss word; the signing into "outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net" did not respond to the newer pass word. Looking up in my files I found an old PW from Verizon.net.-my first PW with VZ.  I used that and the system came alive. Apparently the Yahooh.Verizon.net pass word nid not change when I up-dated the V.net PW.  

So check out to make sure your knowyour  pop3  and smtp pass words.- esp. if you have an old VZ account.

jimfix

0 Likes
Re: Email Setup in Outlook 2013 - POP/SMTP settings
RitaJP

I know this is two years later but the following settings worked for me:

pop.verizon.net    SSL    Port 995

smtp.verizon.net  SSL    Port 465 - on the Outgoing server tab, check the box that server requires Authentication.

This WORKED for me!!

0 Likes
sanrakae

OMG I have been working on this for 2 day. Nothing worked. I tried you suggestion and got it to work.. Thank You

0 Likes