Email Setup on Kindle Fire
tschuessler1

I am using the stock email client on the Kindle Fire and while I can easily read messages in my Inbox, no matter what I try, following the suggestions in the Verizon email setup tutorials, I can not send outgoing mail.  my ssername, password, SSL Always,  incoming.verizon.net,  login is plain and port is 995.  That works for getting mail into the device.  What does not work is outgoing.verizon.net, port 465, SSL always, require sign in;yes, plain login username and pasword.  Client can never work.  What am I missing here?

0 Likes
Re: Email Setup on Kindle Fire
cone4

Having problems with verizon.net email on my Kindle Fire and I phone.  Is there an answer??

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

A person who had a similar problem using Comcast had answers posted

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Can-t-send-emails-with-Kindle-Fire/m-p/...

Apparently related to needing the username@verizon.net in some places and username only at others.

paulryb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Many people have been frustrated by this, including me: can receive email but not send with Verizon email addresses. Amazon and Verizon were not much help and I found nothing in these forums that worked for me either.

But I finally got it to work on my new Fire HD. Hopefully this will work for you too.

Set up you account this way or make changes to your your (non-sending) account settings:
settings>Applications>E-mail, Contacts, Calendars
chose your email account, then go to

server settings>

Incoming settings
PASSWORD
(your password)

POP3 SERVER
incoming.verizon.net

SECURITY TYPE
SSL/TLS (accept all certificates)

PORT

Outgoing settings
SMTP server
outgoing.verizon.net

SECURITY TYPE
SSL/TLS (accept all certificates)

PORT
check require log-in

USERNAME
youremail@verizon.net

PASSWORD

0 Likes
mspog

Thanks, but I did everything exactly as you indicated and still I cannot set up my email.  I called Verizon tech support and they were useless.

0 Likes
weedles

Thanks so much!  It worked perfectly and was much easier than trying to go through Verizon support!  

0 Likes
Re: Calendar Setup on Kindle Fire
weedles

Paulyryb,

Were you able to sync the Verizon calendar function to your Kindle Fire?  If so, how?  I can't seem to get it to work.

0 Likes
MCK_25

Just got the kindle yesterday and the directions for setting up email helped tremendously..thanks!

0 Likes
jbl2

I followed these directions. The resonse is:

Waiting fo sync. Your e-mail will appear soon. But it doesn't sync. Other ideas, please?

0 Likes
Jmwc
Hi. Thank you for taking the time to give us that info. After an hour of tries (before reading your post!) thanks to you, it worked! Yeah!
0 Likes