Re: Email access fails authentication
Raindrop1

I stopped getting email on my devices on Thursday on Ipad and Android phone.  I keep getting message that user name or password is incorrect. 

Can get email off Laptop.  Phone started working Saturday night. 

Ipad still not getting mail?????????  HELP!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Raindrop wrote:

I stopped getting email on my devices on Thursday on Ipad and Android phone.  I keep getting message that user name or password is incorrect. 

Can get email off Laptop.  Phone started working Saturday night. 

Ipad still not getting mail?????????  HELP!

Your talking to peers here.  In some cases we can help particularly if you can't get it to work or it fails on one device.

If it wasn't a transient problem for you, you probably need to contact Verizon support or use one of their "contact us" options

0 Likes
Griffin80
Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the exact same problem, completely out of the blue.
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Details?  otherwise your peers here cannot help.  And are you having any trouble accessing WEBMAIL?

0 Likes
Griffin80
Email access fails authentication
Email works fine through the webmail browser interface. It does not authenticat the password from any mail client (Apple Mail, iPhone, iPad) constantly requiring the password, which never authenticates. I have been using this email for years with no problem, then suddenly it won't accept the password.

Launch AppleMail. The Welcome to Mail screen appears.
Fill in each field:
Your Name
Email Address (format is username@verizon.net).
Incoming Mail Server field, type pop.verizon.net.
Mail Server Type: Click POP.
User Name
Password
Outgoing Mail Server field, type smtp.verizon.net.
Click OK.
From the menu bar at the top of your screen, click Mail.
Click Preferences.
When the Accounts window appears, from the Description box, highlight your email account and click Edit.
From the Account Information tab, in the Outgoing Mail Server list box, verify thatsmtp.verizon.net is selected.
Click Options.
From the SMTP Server Options window, in the Authentication list box, choose Password.
In the User name and Password fields, type your user name and password.
Click OK.
I ensure the port for pop.verizon.net is 995, with SSL and password authentication and smtp.verizon.ne is port 465 with SSL and password. It does not work on Mac mail, iPhone, iPad. My other emails work fine on all.
0 Likes