Email not working on Mac OS 10.7.5
nutotech

The Apple Mail example in your tutorial looks different than what I see. I have defaulted to Use Default Ports.  When I change it to 465 it reappears as 25.  No email!! Help!!

0 Likes
Re: Email not working on Mac OS 10.7.5
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

For the sake of example, we are going to pretend that we are setting up fictional account "fakeacct@verizon.net" and the password for logging into that account in webmail is "fakepassword" - Again, this is a fictitious account for the sake of an example.

The settings for using Verizon's servers would be:
Incoming Server: pop.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes
Username: fakeacct
Password: fakepassword
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): Yes
Port: 995

Outgoing Server: smtp.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes (You can set it to use the same settings as incoming, or manually enter the username and password.)
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): Yes
Port: 465

If you are given the option anywhere for Secure Password Authentication (SPA), set it to No or Normal

These settings should work unless you have a Verizon/Yahoo account, in which case the server names are: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net -and- outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

If all of that is set up and it's still not working, your best bet is to provide a screenshot of your settings (with personal information blocked/removed) and any errors you are getting.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

@nutotech wrote:

The Apple Mail example in your tutorial looks different than what I see. I have defaulted to Use Default Ports.  When I change it to 465 it reappears as 25.  No email!! Help!!

Use the following link and select Apple Mail. https://www.verizon.com/ForYourHome/VZRepair/vziha/Service.aspx?ihaweb=EmailSetup&CMP=DMC-CVZ_ZZ_ZZ_...

0 Likes
nutotech

Thanks. Outgoing email now working.

0 Likes