Emails duplicated
LennyK1

My wife has a Verizon  email account.  In the den we have an XP machine running Outlook Express via wifi.  In the family room we have a second computer running Windows Live via Ethernet.  Every incoming email message appears in the two applications on different computers.  Duplicated...... This should not be happening.

I have my own VZ email account and I am a user of Outlook 2007 installed on both machines.  I don't receive any duplicate messages.  That's the way it should happen.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Emails duplicated
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Interestingly, what you are describing as "broken" is what most people have trouble getting set up. Most people want to be able to access their mail from more than one location.

If you don't like it that way, you can set the clients to delete mail when it's downloaded or when deleted from the client via the options.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

To clarify, are the messages appearing more than once on each machine, or are they simply showing up both places?

0 Likes
LennyK1

The emails are showing up once in each application, remembering the applications are on different computers. 

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Interestingly, what you are describing as "broken" is what most people have trouble getting set up. Most people want to be able to access their mail from more than one location.

If you don't like it that way, you can set the clients to delete mail when it's downloaded or when deleted from the client via the options.

0 Likes
LennyK1

I must confess I never realized that option/setting existed.  I've turned it off at the client and now the server no longer has the messages. Thank you SOMEGIRL for the assist.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

LennyK wrote: 

I must confess I never realized that option/setting existed.  I've turned it off at the client and now the server no longer has the messages. Thank you SOMEGIRL for the assist.

Always glad to help! 🙂

0 Likes
Re: Emails duplicated - New problem
pmello44

So I have the other problem; recieving 2 of each email into my outlook?  Where do I go to fix that?  Only 1 computer, Outlook is my email manager.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Emails duplicated - New problem
smfc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem.  Can anyone out there help us?  For me, it began after I completed the Verizon server security update (January 2013).

0 Likes