Emails from comcast not reaching verizon.net customers
bdarcy

For about 3 weeks, none of my emails sent to verizon.net customers have reached them.  The emails don't get bounced back, and no error message is received.  Given that I am a part of several community organizations and am responsible for email updates, this has posed a huge problem for our groups and those people having verizon email accounts.  I assume my email address has been blacklisted for some reason.  How can I correc this?

0 Likes
Re: Emails from comcast not reaching verizon.net customers
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you may have to get on the whitelist.

» If you are an outside organization, please use the ISP form
» If you are a Verizon Online member, please use the Member form

http://my.verizon.com/micro/whitelist/

Also make sure you aren't showing up in their spam or junk mail folders.

0 Likes
bdarcy

Do I fill out Verizon Online Members form?  I just did, even though I'm a comcast customer?  The ISP form didn't make sense as I am just a mom and not a company.  No error messages are ever generated, and my messages don't end up in SPAM filters either.  They just never go through to friends with verizon.net accounts.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@bdarcy wrote:

Do I fill out Verizon Online Members form?  I just did, even though I'm a comcast customer?  The ISP form didn't make sense as I am just a mom and not a company.  No error messages are ever generated, and my messages don't end up in SPAM filters either.  They just never go through to friends with verizon.net accounts.

If you're not getting a bounceback message, then it's not being blocked by Verizon's blacklist.

Odds are it's being blocked by the spam detector and they have their spam detector set to delete spam rather than saving it.

tns
Master - Level 2

If its the spam dectector, it can be for various reasons.  Ask your customers to make sure the have the spam dectector set to save the mail in a folder rather than just deleting it.  They can also put you in their personal list of people to receive from even if it appears to the filter to be spam.

Verizon and the contractor who does the actual spam dectector software, do not identify what they use (its not a simple blacklist).  Some obvious things I've seen cause things marked as spam are dollar signs or exclamations points used in the subject field.  Exclamation points catch a light of my family messages when they have something exciting to send.

0 Likes
bdarcy

Messages are still not going through, and it not happens for both of my email addresses.  Do individuals have to do something, or is this verizon's spam detector?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Not sure if you have a business account or not.  Someone noted the email policy saying some restrictions on the number of people you can send to in an hour.  100 receipients an email.  500 in an hour.  And said it did not notify you.  Not sure where that policy is listed, although a similar dial up one says

"How many people can I send an email to at one time? How many people can I send an email to at one time? The maximum number of recipients per message is 100. If your distribution list is greater than 100 recipients, you will need to break it into smaller increments. If you try to send a message to more than 100 recipients, you receive an error message.

Additionally, Verizon Online customers who try to send more than 500 emails in an hour are blocked from sending any email for 24 hours; however, you can still receive email and access the Internet. " http://forums.verizon.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/emailissues/message-id/9350

Comcast may have similar policy

Als see Whitelist policy

http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/email/blocked+email/questionsone/...

0 Likes
JohnFromComcast

Have you had any luck getting this resolved? I'm having the same problem. 
Thanks, John

0 Likes
Zeus0789

We are not allowed to post a link to a website, so I will have to describe the procedure.

Open Google.  Type in - Verizon White Sheet.  This should bring you to an application.  Fill it out and send it.

You should shortly get an email from Verizon telling you that your email to Verizon members should go through allowing for a 12 hour set up period for them.

You may have to be a little innovative in all this, BUT IT IS A SOLUTION.  All of mine are going through fine.

Zeus

0 Likes
kaytabor30
Enthusiast - Level 3

tns

why quote verizon when you clearly see verizon's so called spam filtering techniques are a epic failure.

good isp's use adaptive spam learning (meaning you mark spam and the server learns from you marking spam)

or they use the contact list for a reference for spam or safe list.

reasons why verizon is a epic failure

1#the customer should have control of what is spam or is not spam

2#you don't block spam by ip (dynamic ip changes all the time)

3# you don't block spam one domain at a time (it's simple for spammers to change there domain)

4# ok this one gets a lol making sub accounts ( this is crazy your poor family members lol)

try thinking out side the verizon box it's clear verizon's way of addressing spam does not work

0 Likes