Eudora Outgoing Mail is Queued
MarkK3
Enthusiast - Level 2
I cannot send outgoing mail using Eudora (incoming is fine). All the messages are automatically queued and cannot be manually sent. I use Eudora 6.2 for Mac. Smpt port is 465. Don't know if problem is at Eudora end or Verizon end.
0 Likes
Re: Eudora Outgoing Mail is Queued
alan9991

I have Eudora 7.1 for Windows. When I try to send a message I get a popup window that says, "Server SSL Certificate Rejected" and they says "The server's SSL certificate was rejected for the following reason: Unknown Error. Do you want to trust this certificate in future sessions?" Clicking Yes to this question accomplishes nothing.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

There were a bunch of older postings about Eurdora about a year ago.  There was some setting that had to be changed in one of the control files back then.  Had to do with the advertisement of a security option which couldn't be used with the Veriozn Servers.  The same problem may be back.

0 Likes
joe632
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have exactly the same problem! Using Eudora 7.1 on windows 8.1. It started yesterday.  The SSL certificate rejected, Baltimore CyberTrust Root, is owned by VERIZON!  C'Mon Verizon, fix this issue now!

0 Likes
MarkK3
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yes, but the problem was different (or at least appeared to be) - you got an authentication error message, here the messages are just queued with no error message.. The solutions suggested then (though a little more intricate for Mac users) worked. Mac users had to send an email to the Eudora program itself to change a setting. Now an email like that would be put in the queue and probably not sent.
0 Likes
HarleyDan1

I downloaded Eudora 7.1 and I also get the same error message.  I saw also on Qualcomm's website, link below, that they transitioned Eudora to Mozilla...makers of Thunderbird.  I doubt this problem will be addressed by Verizon as Eudora has long been retired.  

I did download the Thunderbird email program and that worked fine for me.

https://www.qualcomm.com/eudora

0 Likes
Chris_D2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same outgoing problem with Eudora 6.2.4 for Mac last week.  Today (8/31/15) the problem got worse: I can't receive mail either.  (About a year ago I fixed the SMTP authentication problem with a solution I found on the forums by clicking on <x-eudora-setting 12909=CRAM-MD5> in an email.)  But I'm suspecting the current problem is an expired certificate, or two.

0 Likes
RadDadTX

This is discussed in another thread... new certificates have to be trusted.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Unable-to-Send-Email-SSL-Problem/td-p/801160

0 Likes
Stevef3NJ
Contributor - Level 1

I had used Eudora for so many year, and within the last year, the program just got too wonky for me.  Between issues of sending and receiving, the certificates, and then when I would start up the program, had to click check mail program twice for it to work.  I switched to Thunderbird, and imported all my Eudora files, settings and mail.  I am so glad that I did it.  It took me a day to set it up just the way I want, and now, my mail issues are gone.  Eudora was great when it was supported, but now, it is just way to much of a mess to use.