Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Copper Contributor
Hardofhearin
Device: Trac fone Samsung
Plan: voice,tv,internet
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Firefox profile missing

When the Verizon web site is not accessible from my desktop (Verizon being the start page) I have too wait an unknown amount of time. 

Safari is 6.0 and the experience is not OPTIMAL. 

I have been a HSI customer for seven straight years and its kinda like I am their mercy.

Silver Contributor II
JOSEm441

Re: Firefox profile missing

http://www22.verizon.com/foryourhome/myaccount/ngen/upr/nlogin.aspx is the the page you use as your start page. Have you tried starting Firefox without add-ons for testing purposes. You could also trying clearing your internet cache (history, cookies, saved passwords etc)

Do you have issues with any other web sties?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, please give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem. Thanks !!!
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Fix-for-Missing-Inbox-sent-folders-etc-with-Internet-Explorer-11/m-p/647399
Gold Contributor V
somegirl

Hardofhearin wrote:

When the Verizon web site is not accessible from my desktop (Verizon being the start page) I have too wait an unknown amount of time. 

Safari is 6.0 and the experience is not OPTIMAL. 

I have been a HSI customer for seven straight years and its kinda like I am their mercy.

I'm confused about what issue you are having. Is your internet slow? Is the Verizon home page not loading? Are you getting an error? Are you wanting to change your home page?

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Copper Contributor
Hardofhearin
0 Kudos

Some girl the problem happens when I open Firefox. MYVerizon.com is the home page. The Browser can not establish the connection and I receive the 'profile missing message' in a small window all its own. Firefox opens when there are no conflicts with Verizon's server is my guess? I don't know. Do you?

Copper Contributor
Hardofhearin
0 Kudos

Previously with firefox 21 off and on was same problem. I tried your solutions as suggested. Thanks, they were unsuccessful.

Now I updated 7/2/13 too firefox 22. First attempt 7/3/13 no connection to Verizon with either safari or firefox. Safari uses Wheel of Fortune home page and connected right a way. Safari would not load Verizon. I'm thinkin is this my problem alone?

Silver Contributor II
JOSEm441

[ Edited ]

AHA! Please try this - . In  the Run dialogue box, type in: firefox.exe -p This will bring up a new window (and update.exe will have to be allowed in User account control), create a new default user and start FIREFOX

see attached (mine says palemoon , yours should say firefox, (palemoon is based on firefox)profile fix

Just installing a new version will keep to old (bad) profile

If a forum member gives an answer you like, please give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem. Thanks !!!
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Fix-for-Missing-Inbox-sent-folders-etc-with-Internet-Explorer-11/m-p/647399
Copper Contributor
Hardofhearin
0 Kudos

Jose thanks for the suggestions. I did not execute. Firefox accesses Verizon without any trouble.

Verizon must not have been accessible whenever I attempted to log on using Firefox 22?

Everything works like it should. I am satisfied.

Copper Contributor
Hardofhearin
0 Kudos

Sorry Jose. I can not accept your ideas as " The Solution."

I did not react. I did leave the settings the way they are.

If you had posted, "Do nothing, don't change any settings in Firefox," This would've been an acceptable solution.

If its not broke, don't fix it. Gill Grisham CSI ?

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411