Re: Having trouble sending email using smtp.verizon.net Port 465?
cko2
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
cko2
Enthusiast - Level 3

TN_2 (or o rany one else) 

I am still puzzled : On my Outlook Express mail client , the old "outgoing.verizon.net" Port 25 works; The new "smtp.verizon.net" Port 465 does not work ("time-out" every time I attempt to send an email)

Can you advise me how (and whom) to contact at Verizon to clear up this mystery? 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes it continues to work, for now.  But it will SOON be going away.  Which is why they keep sending out messages to those using the older outgoing/incoming urls.

Need more info on why it doesn't work for you.  I know I have it working.  Make sure you have apop turned off.  Note I only have leave a copy checked becuase this is not my main email client.

Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently started having trouble sending emails from my Android phone.  I tried updating to smtp and port 465.  But that has not worked.  I also tried creating a new account with the correct incoming and outgoing protocols and that does not work either.  No problem receiving messages only sending....  Please help!

thanks 🙂

0 Likes
mjdcottage

My outgoing email settings were working on both my iphone 4s and my Macbook in the states. Now I  cannot send any emails.  I have verified the settings.  I have tried deleting the outgoing server and starting over.  Current Settings:

Custom Port 465

SSL box is checked

Authentication box is checked

email address and password are entered

Server: smtp.verizon.net

it has been like this for about 24 hours.

The incoming email also stopped coming in but when I deleted the incoming email settings and started over, that worked for the incoming email only

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

These settings have been working for me for several iOS versions

0 Likes