Help - cannot add my Verizon email onto Samsung s4 phone.
jzhou1988

Everytime I add my verizon email onto my Samsung Galaxy s4 phone I got a message "authentification fail".   Please assist.

0 Likes
Re: Help - cannot add my Verizon email onto Samsung s4 phone.
EG213

I have been struggling with this since I got my preordered S4. I finally found out the answer today no thanks to FIOS tech support, despite their trying after having spent over an hour with a CSR and two tech reps.

The answer came from Verizon Wireless Tech Support and here it is:

If you have a verizon.net email that uses a yahoo based server, then your settings are:

Incoming

incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

SSL

Port 995

Outgoing:

outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

SSL

Port 465

I hope that helps future users!

E :cool:

0 Likes
Re: Help - cannot add my Verizon email onto Samsung s4 phone.
warden204

Today is 1/8/2015. For more then 3 weeks now I get a sign - in failed notice several times a day yet I still get my email if I re login in? Should not have to do this!!! I have been to the local Verizon Store several times, called Verizon, changed the port numbers and uninstalled the app several times But this continues! No one seems to know the answer? My question to you is will the ports listed below work now, today??? They tried changing them on phone but they did not work? Also, I have had this email forever and this has never happened before? It started out of the blue. PLEASE tell me you received the right answers to fix this. Thank you.

0 Likes