How can I transfer email from RCN to Verizon?
oldhousegirl

Hello,

I am a brand new Verizon customer.  I need to transfer all my mail from Inbox and subfolders from old RCN account to new Verizon account.

Is there an easy way to do this?  All email clients only see Inbox because of POP architecture, no email client seems to see subfolders.

When I first logged onto Verizon, a webpage appeared that allowed me to enter my old email information to start a transfer, but I cannot find that program / webpage anymore.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: How can I transfer email from RCN to Verizon?
Frank_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Import Email, Calendar, Address Book into Verizon Online Email (Message Center)

To access Verizon Online Import Tools in Message Center:

1. Login to Verizon Online Email via Message Center with your user name and password. Forgot your username and password?

2. Select Settings from the top navigation and click Import from the left navigation. From the left navigation, select what you need to import.

What do you need to import?
Select one of the following from the left navigation:

• Import and Switch Email: The Import and Switch Email feature copies your mail and personal information from one provider to another. Additionally, this feature will send notification to all your contacts, informing them of your new email address. Select Import Email Accounts and an email address and password to get started.

• Import POP3 Email: Post Office Protocol (POP) is used by email applications to retrieve messages from a remote server such as Yahoo or GMail. To import messages from your POP3 account, select Add Email and choose from the list of email providers to get started.

• Import Contacts: Import contacts from other email accounts. Enter your email address and password and choose to import contacts from another email provider or download your .csv file if you use email software, like Outlook Express. Select Import Contacts from Email or Import File to get started.

• Import Calendar: iCal and ics are files formatted for calendars and allows internet users to send meeting requests and tasks to other internet users, via email, or sharing files. Select Import File to begin importing another calendar to your Verizon Online Calendar.

Re: How can I transfer email from ATT Uverse to Verizon?
plano_vz

I've tried to use this wizard with transfering emails between ATT Uverse and VZ. The wizard fails and tells me that my provider and the email address entered do not match.

Please PM me for details.

Thanks, I.

0 Likes
Re: How can I transfer email from ATT Uverse to Verizon?
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

@plano_vz wrote:

I've tried to use this wizard with transfering emails between ATT Uverse and VZ. The wizard fails and tells me that my provider and the email address entered do not match.

Please PM me for details.

Thanks, I.

0 Likes