Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
phillyjohn

How to save Verizon.net email

Good afternoon and Happy New Year

I am switching from Verizon to Comcast tomorrow, I was wondering how I can save all my Verizon emails before I switch

Thanking you in advance,

John

Contributor
Tangodown
0 Kudos

Re: How to save Verizon.net email

I have the same / similar question.

Yes I have an Outlook client off loading the inbox, but that doesn't help with the other folders I have saved and necessary emails.

How do I get these SENT BOX, etc. off loaded from the verizon server? 

Thanks

Bronze Contributor III
TomH309
0 Kudos

Just tried this with one item in a Folder I had created on VZ and it worked.....Folder item was moved back into INBOX

Based on above this procedure 

1) delete all that you don't want to move FROM YOUR VZ INBOX to your new  account and then move them.

2) delete ALL from your VZ inbox

3) move ALL of ONE of your VZ folders to the Inbox...move them to your new acct .

4) delete ALL from VZ Inbox and repeat with next folder

To speed up the process you can set up your VZ Inbox to DELETE ALL in one click

I would suggest that you try it with one item in a folder to establish YOUR PARTICULAR PROCEDURE.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT

Tom
Freedom Essentials, QIP 7100 1,Bose SOLO TV Sound System,,QIP 7216 P2,M1424WR Rev F, iPad 2 WiFi,iPhone 5,TV SYST INFO Release 1.9.5 Build No. 17.17
Data Obj. Ver. No. 37.17
Bronze Contributor III
TomH309
0 Kudos

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/How-delete-over-20-000-old-emails-messages-easily/m-...

Procedure outlined here really works 

Tom
Freedom Essentials, QIP 7100 1,Bose SOLO TV Sound System,,QIP 7216 P2,M1424WR Rev F, iPad 2 WiFi,iPhone 5,TV SYST INFO Release 1.9.5 Build No. 17.17
Data Obj. Ver. No. 37.17
Contributor
Tangodown
0 Kudos

Thanks-

I don't want to delete them.

I use Outlook Client, it doesn't off load/download the SENT BOX.

Bronze Contributor III
TomH309
0 Kudos

STARTING WITH AN EMPTY VZ INBOX

I JUST MOVED A FILE FROM THE SENT FOLDER INTO THE VZ INBOX

CAN YOU NOW DO WHAT YOU WANT ?

Tom
Data Obj. Ver. No. 37.17
Contributor
Tangodown
0 Kudos

Thanks-

No, not really.

Better worded: I'd like to save the contents of any mailbox into a "SYSTEM" folder - I couild then delete the content of that entire INBOX, SENT, etc. 

My problem is I am running out of Verizon storage space, and I' d like to retain those messages.

Better understood?

Gold Contributor V
somegirl
0 Kudos

Tangodown wrote:

Thanks-

No, not really.

Better worded: I'd like to save the contents of any mailbox into a "SYSTEM" folder - I couild then delete the content of that entire INBOX, SENT, etc. 

My problem is I am running out of Verizon storage space, and I' d like to retain those messages.

Better understood?

Verizon only uses POP3 protocols for downloading mail, and that will only download the inbox.

There is no way to download the messages from your Sent box or other custom folders unless you move them to the inbox and download them from there.

Any POP3 email client can be set up to download the mail. If you need help setting one up, do a search in the forum for the program you would like to use. Odds are, someone has posted the settings for it. :smileywink:

Hope this helps!

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411