How to send emails that VZ spam detector incorrectly determines to be spam
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Having had some issues having outgoing emails forwarded from my inbox being rejected as SPAM and also seeing many, many complaints about the same issue from others here with no sign of any solution forthcoming from Verizon support I did some investigation and playing around and discovered that if you open web mail and then copy and and paste the email portion of the offending email from your inbox to a new email created in web mail you can then send it to the desired recipients.

Apparently emails created in Verizon web mail do not get processed by the same flawed spam filter that is being used for emails being sent from third party applications.

Is this a design flaw or is it deliberately done so that people can work around the flawed spam detector that is being used?  If the latter could Verizon possibly document the work around rather than having people waste hours of time sending usless emails to spamdetector.update@verizon.net

0 Likes
Re: How to send emails that VZ spam detector incorrectly determines to be spam
Hubrisnxs
Legend

send it from outlook to www.isnotspam.com (they have an email on their site) and they analyze and tell you what is setting off red flags. then you can adjust. there is usually something extra that outlook is sending that is causing the redflag. maybe a sig file or something similiar. let us know what the results are

Re: How to send emails that VZ spam detector incorrectly determines to be spam
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

send it from outlook to www.isnotspam.com (they have an email on their site) and they analyze and tell you what is setting off red flags. then you can adjust. there is usually something extra that outlook is sending that is causing the redflag. maybe a sig file or something similiar. let us know what the results are

In my case the emils in question come from my bank and I need to forward them as is.  You'd think that if verizon mail delivered them to me that they could also accept them from me.

Anyway the copy and paste to web mail works fine for me and saves me mucking around with another external entity.  I was just more intrigued why web mail would happily accept my message when the same message passed to the servers from out look was exactly the same, albeit the headers might be slightly different - not really sure that would hold true either as I got the same SPAM reject when sending them from outlook using my VZ email id. 

0 Likes