How to set up Verizon.net email on the Apple iPad/ iPhone & iPod
VSM1
Enthusiast - Level 2

After two hours on hold I finally got a soul to talk to but just to find out that nobody knew how to set up Verizon email account on the new iPad. It took me a few minutes but I figure it out by myself and I will be glad to share it with anyone by just calling me {edited for privacy} ( Verizon Wireless by the way - lol ).
{edited for privacy}

Labels (2)
Re: How to set up Verizon.net email on the Apple iPad/ iPhone & iPod
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Why not just post the process here?

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why not search for iPhone setup instructions on these forums?   I have posted exact step by step instructions or configuration summaries at least three times in the past 6 months on this topic.

Here's one ....

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Itouch-is-connected-but-can-t-get-email-to-work-from-...

The above one specifically deals with Verizon mail via the Yahoo portal.   For Verizon regular mail you would modify as follows:

POP Account Information

Name: Joe User

Address:  joe.user@verizon.net

Description: Verizon

Incoming Mail Server

Host Name:  incoming.verizon.net

User Name:  joe.user@verizon.net

Password: ******

Outgoing Mail Server

SMTP outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net    ->

Primary Server  ->

Host Name: outgoing.verizon.net

User Name: john.user@verizon.net

Password: ******

Use SSL:  Off

Authentication:  Password

Server Port:  587

Advanced

Deleted Message

Remove: After One Week

Incoming Settings

Use SSL:  Off

Authentication: Password

Delete from server: Never

Server Port: 110

GANDJJONES

pls explain how to setup verizon email on iPad. i just spent 2 hours with verizon tech support and they were useless.

0 Likes
GANDJJONES

VSM, i tried the above settings, but iPad email still doesn't work.

0 Likes
tiffanys1

Can you send me the instuctions or contact info please, I would really appreciate your help in getting this email system to work on my ipad.  Thanks! 

0 Likes
ccr10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done this process and have my verizon email on my IPhone.  I use folders a lot and my folders are not present on my IPhone except for the Inbox.  With my Hotmail and Gmail email accounts, I was able to get all my folders included.  Any idea how I get my verizon folders to also come over?  

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Chris 

0 Likes
spwild

I was having trouble not with the set up of the email of the phone but of the deleting email from ipad/iphone/outlook i have gone through and tried everything and sat on the phone for hours trying to get someone to tell me what to do.  you would think if verizon is carrying these products they would know how to use them correctly!

0 Likes
shamrock171

Thanks...Do you know how to be able to delete from iphone and simultaneously delete from desktop???

ITS AGGRAVATING HAVING TO DO IT TWICE

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
For those still looking for a guided set up of iPhone and iPad with Verizon email, simply go to www.verizon.com/repair and click on set up email. Then click the link for iPad, and it gives detailed step by step with pictures.
0 Likes