Customers With Disabilities
  • Shop

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

My Rewards+

Manage My Rewards+

Refer a Friend

• Support

Community help

Search Support

Connect with us

Verizon on Facebook Verizon on Twitter Verizon on Google Plus Verizon on YouTube

• Watch Fios

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites
    and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

News & Lifestyle

Have a laugh, learn a trick and discover the awesomeness of Fios. Explore Fios Lounge today.

Fios Lounge

Is it really true Verizon does not support IMAP?  I did a couple searches but keep soming up with posts with "IMAP" in them from 2011 and even 2008.  Google was even worse, since it sort by relevance not date.  Not very recent information so I'm wondering if things have changed.

And I read (again 1- 3-year old posts) that POP3 works the same way on a mobile device -- specifically an iPad.  Same question:  Is that true?  If so, how do I configure my iPad?

Shawn Harrison

E Lago, Texas

Platinum Contributor I

Re: IMAP vs POP3

Verizon definetely does not do IMAP yet.  they said future plans in the share your ideas section if I remember right?   but if you want to configure your ipad for email then you would follow the step by step and screenshot instructions at

Click on Setup your Verizon Email Account and then select under "Want to set up your email on a mobile device, instead?" and Apple iPad  

should look like this

Want to set up your email on a mobile device, instead?
All Android Phones
Apple iPhone and iPod Touch
Apple iPad

My Verizon

• Check Email
  • Add or Change Services
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Announcements

Support Tools

Watch Fios

• Visual 411