Images within Email not displayed - HELP Verizon Tech!
ksimms1

I opened a ticket about this issue with Verizon FIOS Internet support, but they had no answers.

Occasionally some of my emails with images within the email (not attachments), do not display.

Yesterday when a friend sent me an email like this, the images were not there.  So I replied to my friend saying the images did not appear.

He said I see the images in your reply.

He added that another friend (that also has a verizon.net account) said the same thing happened to him.

These images have a long URL in their properties, ending in yahoo.com.  So it appears to me that Verizon's email service does not deliver email with these URL references, before sending to the customer's PC.

I've tried Firefox and Internet Explorer.  I even tried Outlook (thinking it was a email browser interface problem), but images don't appear in Outlook either.

If there are any Verizon techs out there that monitor this forum?  If so, I would appreciate it if you would research and fix this problem.

Thanks,

Ken

0 Likes
Re: Images within Email not displayed - HELP Verizon Tech!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello ksimms

This is a peer to peer support forum. And while the occasional tech does drop in, you can't count on getting an answer from Verizon on these boards.  But perhaps one of our other members can offer some suggestions.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If they're still not displaying in Outlook, then the images are probably formatted strangely. Using a pop3 client should resolve any image issues, since at that point Verizon has nothing to do with what is being displayed.

If you view the source of the messages, what do the image tags look like?

ksimms1

The tags of each image look similar to this:

cid:1.2236974750@web36107.mail.mud.yahoo.com

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

I had the same problem until the person sending me the email (also a Verizon email user) started forwarding me emails using the new Verizon email page. I am using Windows Vista and evidently the old Verizon email was not setup or programmed correctly  for Windows Vista. I also had the problem with other emails from other email providers not displaying the images in the body of the email. I'm now getting all images in the  body of the email from all different email providers. However, many people have this problem  Gmail is now having an image in the  body of the email problem--they never had it before and they are working on it and it is only with forwarded email. The problem with forwarded gmail can be fixed by changing the subject  in the subject box. If you google this problem you will see many complaints about this. It has to do with the email programming. Comcast had this problem many years ago and solved it ,so I was very unhappy when I switched to Verizon and had this problem on my Windows Vista  but not with Windows XP until Verizon came up with the new email page. 

Holly

0 Likes
ksimms1

Holly,

Thanks for your input.  I did not do any searches on the net for this problem.  I too have seen this with other providers.  I thought the best and fastest approach (after calling the Verizon help desk) would be this forum.

I find it curious that a different OS could have that effect, but anything is possible.

I can only hope that word has (or will) filter up to the Verizon application development staff to fix the problem.

Ken

0 Likes
ksimms1

For Elizabeth's (and others) benefit:

Verizon Tech personnel did reach out to me today via private message, to discuss the problem and get more information.

So I think that proves Verizon does monitor these forums, to some extent.

I'll post here if they come up with a solution.

Ken

0 Likes
raysim
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem receiving embedded pictures (JPG) with my (FIOS) email account. This problem exist when I check my Verizon Email using Verizon webmail and/or Outlook. Instead of seeing the picture, I get a box with the red X, where the embedde picture should be. As a test, I had my friend send me an Email with embedded pictures to my Verizon Email account and on the same Email he copied my Yahoo Email account (Yahoo email is not linked to Verizon). I see the  embedded pictures in my Yahoo Email, but got the red X on my Verizon Email (Webmail and Outlook). My Verizon Email setting is "Images in HTML Email  = Show all images".

This issues looks like it is definitely a Verizon problem.

0 Likes