Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Contributor
Namo

Imap vs. POP

My email via Verizon is currently configured as a POP account.  Can I change this to an IMAP account?  If so, how does one go about this?  I need to do this in order to create additional mailbox folders that will sync with my Iphone.

Gold Contributor I
lasagna
Plan: Prime HD 50/25

Re: Imap vs. POP

Not presently.  Verizon is only POP3.   There are rumors however that this, as well as secure POP/SMTP (SSL encrypted -- which will prevent sending your account/password in the clear) are coming in the near future.

Gold Contributor VII
Justin

Re: Imap vs. POP

[ Edited ]

lasagna wrote:

Not presently.  Verizon is only POP3.   There are rumors however that this, as well as secure POP/SMTP (SSL encrypted -- which will prevent sending your account/password in the clear) are coming in the near future.

SSL is now available with Verizon email, I am currently using it. See this thread:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Secure-Verizon-Email/td-p/317681

Need to read the entire thread (except the last post). Interestingly enough my free Avast anti-virus complained as soon as I started using it, saying that I needed to stop using SSL so it could check the contents of emails for viruses. I have decided to stay with SSL.

Keller, TX 76248

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools