Re: Impossible to Whitelist IP/Domain
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ephunter,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
topfuelweimar

Same problem here.  Can't reach a human, all settings are correct including forward / reverse DNS, MX records, SPF records, IP address is NOT dynamic and is assigned by commercial ISP...  Extremely annoying.

-----Original Message-----

From: whitelist@verizononline.net [mailto:whitelist@verizononline.net]

Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 2:00 PM

To: xxxx

Subject: RE: Whitelist Request for IP Address ##.##.###.##

After investigation, Verizon Online Security has determined that e-mail from your IP address will not be allowed access to the Verizon Online e-mail domain due to one or more of the following reasons:

Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned

Once you have addressed any security-related issues on your network, you should  contact Verizon Online Security via this form. At that time, we will work with you to restore normal e-mail traffic or to take other action as we deem appropriate.

Sincerely,

Verizon Online Security

http://www2.verizon.net/policies

abuse@verizon.net

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi topfuelweimar,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
plecostemus

Bringing this back from the dead. A customer of ours is having the same issue,

bounce message states

"

Subject: RE: Whitelist Request for IP Address ##.##.###.##

After investigation, Verizon Online Security has determined that e-mail from your IP address will not be allowed access to the Verizon Online e-mail domain due to one or more of the following reasons:

Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned

Once you have addressed any security-related issues on your network, you should  contact Verizon Online Security via this form. At that time, we will work with you to restore normal e-mail traffic or to take other action as we deem appropriate.

Sincerely,

Verizon Online Security

abuse@verizon.net
"

Reverse is set up correctly, SPF set up, and Domain Keys. No the ip address is not dynamically assigned. The bounce message is really too generic. Could be spam, could be a dynamically assigned ip, or maybe a security issue.... which is it?
Does anyone know if Verizon has an RBL server that can be queried with rblcheck or anything of the sorts?

0 Likes
gecorp

I'm having the same issue as others in this forum.

An employee's laptop was infected with malware which resulted in spam being sent from 2 websites which I operate. The issue was addressed promptly: all mail passwords were changed, and the infected laptop was permanently removed from our network.

Despite operating a clean network and addressing all issues, I still can't send valid emails to customers with verizon accounts. Attempting to whitelist our IP addresses has resulted in the same notice as others: 

Once you have addressed any security-related issues on your network, you should  contact Verizon Online Security via this form. At that time, we will work with you to restore normal e-mail traffic or to take other action as we deem appropriate.

To compound issues, the links to "Support" and "Contact Us" within my account are dead! All I get is an error message saying "We're sorry.... We are not able to process your request."

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/index.htm

https://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/contact-us/index.htm

How do I get websites off the Verizon blacklist?

All the necessary technical issues have been addressed, and valid PTR / SPF records are in place.

If I need to open a "Private Support Case" -- How do I do so?!?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello gecorp

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
CSD4

We to are also having this issue.   We are on a private dedicated server with one site.. We cannot email our customers.

We have dedicated IP addressed not dynamically assigned..   How do we fix this..   Customers getting mad at us because of verizon issues..

Once you have addressed any security-related issues on your network, you should contact Verizon Online Security via this form. At that time, we will work with you to restore normal e-mail traffic or to take other action as we deem appropriate.

Sincerely,

Verizon Online Security

abuse@verizon.net

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello CSD

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
dee1337

Hello.

We are experiencing email delivery issues when trying to establish contact with our cleints, who use Verizon's email service.

Bounce error:

- SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection: 550-Email from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is currently blocked by Verizon Online's 550-anti-spam system.

Upon whitelisting IP via web form, we've received a following reply:

- Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned

- No Reverse Hostname associated with your IP address.

IP is 100% clean, not listed on any blacklist, and is being used only for transactional emails.

Server's RDNS is properly set, along with correct SPF and DKIM records.

Requesting further assistance.

Thank you.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dee1337,

0 Likes