Iphone 4 smtp outgoing mail problems
badgerbrian1974

Hi,

I am trying to set up the outgoing mail with the iphone, however it fails everytime.

My mail server doesnt accespt smtp requests from external Ips, so in the past on my Treo phone

I had a vzwmail.net account and used that to send my mail out.

On my blackberry i had no problems, however on the iphone i cannot send mail.

My collegue who has att iphone has to use a att smtp server for his outgoing which works fine.

I tried the smtp.vzwmail.net with my cellnumber@vzwmail.net but this no longer seems to be working.

I was told to try hostname: outgoing.verizon.net with port 587

however then it asks me for a usename /password.

I have tried my cell number as username, also my Myverizon username and password , all which fail.

How can i resolve this and be able to send mail.

Thanks

Brian

0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4 smtp outgoing mail problems
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Brian,

Please visit our Verizon Wireless forum for your iPhone support question at http://community.vzw.com/. You  may find answers to your questions on existing posts or one of our Wireless agents can help you further.

Thank you 

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

SMTP server outgoing.verizon.net is only for @verizon.net accounts, which come with internet service from Verizon. If you don't have VZ internet, you'll need to use a different SMTP server.

0 Likes
badgerbrian1974

obviously however verizon unlike Att do not seem to provide one for outgoing mail on thier network......

very disapointing

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

vzw doesn't offer email from what I understand, but the OP is better off posting this in the VZW forums and verify.  I have vzw and I am pretty confident I don't have an email from them.  I have a text thing which is my number@vzwblah blah  but that isn't a real email address.  

0 Likes