|This is the last time your account was accessed.|
Connect with us
Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites
and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!
Watch Free TV & Movies
Rent or Buy
Set your TV Viewing Experience
Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.
News & Lifestyle
Have a laugh, learn a trick and discover the awesomeness of Fios. Explore Fios Lounge today.
03-13-2011 03:09 PM
I am running Outlook 2007 on my home computer. I have it set up to retrieve mail from my verizon/yahoo POP server as well as send mail. It has been working fine for over two years until two days ago. I now get a pop up window from incoming.yahoo.verizon.net and outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net that my user name or password is incorrect. I checked the Outlook settings and they have not changed. If i go to www.verizon.net and enter my user name and password, I have no problem getting in and checking my mail. I tried re-entering my user name and password in the pop up window as well as the configuration screen in Outlook. The problem still persists. I also have not loaded any new software.
03-13-2011 10:54 PM
Something that seems to happen occasionally is that the Verizon/Yahoo servers switch between requiring the entire address and just the username. I have no idea why this is so, but it's worth trying.
If you have your settings as "firstname.lastname@example.org" try with just the username, if you have just the username try with the full address.
03-12-2012 07:31 PM - edited 03-12-2012 07:33 PM
I also have been having the same issue with my Verizon Yahoo! email for the last 3 days. In my case, I cannot send or receive email from my two accounts using Outlook Express. I have tried ALL of the suggested workarounds and nothing works. I am sure the problem must be with the Verizon servers, because the email actually did work fine for a short while last night (without my changing anything). The funny thing is, I am not having this problem using my iPhone or iPad (using the intergrated Mail programs).
This is not the first time this has happened, and every other time the problem "disappeared" on its own after some period of time, usually up to several days. In the meantime the customers have no idea what's going on, and waste a lot of time trying to figure out if the problem is on their end or their provider's. It sure would be a courtesy if Verizon at least posted some kind of announcement on their website whenever they were having some difficulty that affects their service...but I guess that's asking too much.
Verizon, you can do better!
ETA: I am having the Outlook Express problem on TWO different computers. The OE settings are the same, the versions are the same.