Keeping email addresses with mydomain
Fcogonzalez
On July 2, 2014 I registered for my domain through my verizon account while on the line with a representative.  She walked me through the steps while she was on the phone with me.  My intent was to keep my email addresses.  I have recently moved and needed to cancel my Verizon FIOS service, which I am aware has been done.  But, I needed to keep my email addresses, thus I was walked through the process by a rep.  This was done before my FIOS account was cancelled...so I was told.

Now the issue is I have not received any emails since July 2, 2014.  I am able to login into my email (online and not through an email client) and send emails, but I cannot receive them.  I have been on the phone with at least 5 different verizon reps/help/suuport with no successful solution.  I do hope to get the help and get this resolved as I do not want to lose my email addresses.

I have checked my bank account statement and a charge from verizon "My Doamin" did go through.

What I have trouble understanding is that I was walked through these steps by a verizon rep and was assured I would be able to keep my email accounts.  I have been bounced around from one department to the next until a rep said I failed to register.  This upset me, since it was another rep that walked me through the steps all prior to deactivating my FIOS services.  I have been charged for the "my domain" service and am unable to fully use it.  I understand, since i was told by a couple reps, that my FIOS account is no longer active making it difficult for them to help me.  I am at a loss as what to do next!

I did try to go to http://help.domain.verizon.net as one rep suggested, but that took me to a search page with the closest thing I needed and was redirected to was http://help.domains.verizon.net/

Once at http://help.domains.verizon.net/ I did not see anything that would help me resolve this issue.

I have sent an email to support@domain.verizon.net but have not received any confirmation that it was received or that anything is actually happening.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Keeping email addresses with mydomain
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Fcogonzalez,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Fcogonzalez,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Fcogonzalez,

We have not heard back from you on this, if assistance is still needed please post and we can look into any trouble for you.

Josh

0 Likes