Keeping verizon.net email and alias
ericnyc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am moving to where Verizon DSL is not available.

I currently have myname@verizon.net email which i had for 10 years and really hate to loose.

I signed up with keepmyemail.com in order to keep my email address. BUT it turns out that myname@verizon.net is an ALIAS not an actual email address. The actual email address is something like vze123abc@verizon.net.

I am using myname@verizon.net everywhere. When i called keepmyemail.com support they told me that they cannot accommodate aliases and i should call VERIZON email support to have a sub account created with myname as user id. After spending over an hour with Verizon supervisor i was told that it cannot be done and i should talk to keepmyemail.com to see if they somehow can accommodate this.

After talking to a guy at keepmyemail.com i was told to call back Verizon email support and ask to have email box/account created with my aliase as user id. He also told me that they get into this issue all the time. 

Does anyone know who i can contact via phone, email to get this resolved?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Keeping verizon.net email and alias
ericnyc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just noticed that my issue is fixed and alias is working.

Thank you very much for your help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ericnyc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have just spent another hour with Verizon tech support and surprise.... nothing got done.

They are telling me its not possible when keep my email support is telling me that it was done before for other customers.......

In the meantime i lost my alias and now CANNOT GET ANY EMAIL whatsoever. Great weekend!!!

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@ericnyc wrote:

I have just spent another hour with Verizon tech support and surprise.... nothing got done ...

In the meantime i lost my alias and now CANNOT GET ANY EMAIL whatsoever. Great weekend!!!

You should, once and for all time, create an address such as my_name@gmail.com  (or with any other reputable online mail service), and then notify your important contacts of the change.  You will never again have to fret about changing your ISP, contacting tech service people and waiting on the phone for resolution, etc.  There is not now, and really never has been, a good reason to do otherwise.

ericnyc
Enthusiast - Level 3
I had this email for about 15 years. Back then gmail did not exist, yahoo was just starting out and Verizon was reliable email provider. Unfortunately this is no longer so.

I have read on several posts here that this issue can be resolved by high level tech support with proper access, but low level support people either don't want to escalate properly or don't know how to do it.

I have sent email to Verizon CEO Lowell Mcadam to see if this can get properly addressed from that end. Will see what happens.

As of now I don't have email for 3 days.....
0 Likes
ernieh2

Funny (well, not really)......I was told......like you......by the domain folks to call the fios folks and have a supervisor go in and change the alias to a subaccount. Once as a subaccount, it can then be transfered over to the domain. Fios is still active at the old address, and will remain so until I get this resolved. Since the fios account is still active, it's not clear to me if I can simply go into the primary account and add a sub-account with the email address of alias@verizon.net [using the alias name I set up under the primary account].

In any case, I called fios, the person I spoke with had me hold while she checked the "email department", who told her that the alias should transfer with the primary account [similarly, any alias associated with a sub-accounts should transfer with the sub-accounts]. Call me skeptical, but.....hopeful but nowhere near convinced that this is the case.

0 Likes
ericnyc
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ernieh wrote:

if I can simply go into the primary account and add a sub-account with the email address of alias@verizon.net [using the alias name I set up under the primary account].

This is what i was told to do by keepmyemail tech support but was not able to do because alias is locked and according to email support remains locked for 6 months even after you delete it.

I originally tried deleting the alias hoping it will be released and i can use it to create subaccount but that caused me to loose the alias completely so that right now i cannot get any emails at alias@verizon.net. The system will not allow me to put it back in.

According to other posts on this forum this can be fixed by high level manager with proper security access but i cannot reach that person as regular tech support only transfer me to their direct supervisors who dont have access.

What i dont really get is there is no way we are the only 2 people who run into this issue. So i dont understand why tech support does not have a routine to handle this appropriately.

ernieh2

So your situtation, at least currently, is a little different from mine, as I did not delete the alias from my primary account [and my fios account at the old address is still currently active]. I transferred my wife's sub-account as well, but she is taking another poster's advice and has also been transitioning everyone to her gmail account. Too many important places have my alias verizon email, so it will take me much longer [to make sure I get everyone] if I do decide to transition to another email.

0 Likes
ericnyc
Enthusiast - Level 3
The email I sent to Verizon CEO got forwarded to high level email support.

I just got a call from them and according to their engineer my alias is a Type 4 alias and somehow according to them it was not created by Verizon. This is not true as it was created by them 15 years ago as alias@verizon.net. But according to the engineer since its Type 4 it's not owned by Verizon and therefore once deleted it disappeared into Internet black hole and cannot be restored.

Has anyone heard of type 4 aliases or is this just an excuse not to restore it?

I read several posts here that aliases were restored for other people with help of Verizon forum Admins. Can one of the admins please let me know if they can help.

Otherwise I'm out of my email address of 15 years :(((
0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@ericnyc wrote:
... I'm out of my email address of 15 years ...

When I think of the stuff I did (and had) 15 years ago, I'm reminded of how good things are today.  Please consider the email suggestions in my earlier post.  You will not be disappointed.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ericnyc,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases". There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes