Level of spam protection
john8147

I remember once changing the level of spam protection in my Verizon email.  There was a slider.  I increased the protection to a slightly higher setting.  Now, unfortunately, a lot of my legitimate stuff goes into spam.  I click on the legitimate message (which winds up in the spam folder) and then click "not spam."  But that doesn't seem to help with the next email from the same sender.  Does that slider still exist?  Can I lower the level of protection?  I forgot how I got to it.  And, if it doesn't exist, how can I tell my spam protection to "ease up" a little bit and accept mail into my inbox from more senders?

0 Likes
Re: Level of spam protection
tns
Master - Level 2

Perhaps in the VISS service on your computer.  Not in the Web Email.

0 Likes
john8147

Thanks!  I see that the VISS definitely has about five levels of adjustment.  But, I checked - and, mine is already properly set at the recommended level.  And, it's not what I remember.  There was a slider for different levels of Spam protection.  It looked exactly the same as the "cookie protection" slider on Internet Options.  I was going on vacation.  So, I set it one "notch" higher.  Now, I can't find it.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Must be your browser (for example IE's interenet settings for security) or an addon somewhere.  Its not part of Verizon's Spam Detector.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@john8147 wrote:

I remember once changing the level of spam protection in my Verizon email.  There was a slider.  I increased the protection to a slightly higher setting.  Now, unfortunately, a lot of my legitimate stuff goes into spam.  I click on the legitimate message (which winds up in the spam folder) and then click "not spam."  But that doesn't seem to help with the next email from the same sender.  Does that slider still exist?  Can I lower the level of protection?  I forgot how I got to it.  And, if it doesn't exist, how can I tell my spam protection to "ease up" a little bit and accept mail into my inbox from more senders?

There's no slider for Verizon's SpamDetector that I know of.

If you are consistently having issues with the same senders though, you can always add them to your Safe Senders list.

0 Likes
irispatchmr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you  made and calls  or chat to  Verizon  Support?  If so   did you find your inbox fiull  of Spam  the next day?   I find  I get a  lot of Spam  right after  making  contact to  Support  in  India.     Seems strange  to  find so  much Spam   only hours after  making contact.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

That's a wierd thing to happen,  I don't think anyone here has had that experience or reported that before you.

0 Likes