Lost emails: READ emails automatically placed in Trash folder and then deleted
bjmlady

Since April 2012, I have been losing emails. It turns out that  a random selection of my READ emails are automatically placed in my TRASH folder. If I do not check on a daily basis, the emails are deleted. This is UNACCEPTABLE!. I have lost very important emails!!!!! The only time my emails should be placed in the TRASH folder is when I personally, manually delete them. Verizon support has not been helpful at all. I am extremely technical so I can tell when a "tech" person does not have a clue. And by the time I call Verizon, I have already done the testing and investigative work.

Verizon needs to really look into this problem and fix it.

0 Likes
Re: Lost emails: READ emails automatically placed in Trash folder and then deleted
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Any time mail disappears from the server, there's a pretty good chance there's some device pulling it off. This can happen even without you intending it to. For example, the default Verizon setup for a long time (and possibly still) configured Outlook automatically unless you were paying attention and unchecked the box during the install.

The easiest way to fix it is to change your password. Once the device(s) can no longer authenticate, the disappearances should stop.

Re: Lost emails: READ emails automatically placed in Trash folder and then deleted
bjmlady

This is not the situation. I have emails being deleted that are weeks old. My mobile is Specifically set to delete only on the device. The emails being moved to the TRASH bin are random from days to weeks old. It does not happen when I delete an email off my mobile.IT is very random. Also,I have emails that I did not remove from my mobile and still have been placed in the Trash bin.

I have also done the change password suggestion. Still happens.

0 Likes