Misdirected Email
JStew
Enthusiast - Level 1

I keep getting another family's email because, for some reason, verizon has allowed both of us to have the same email address. I'm absolutely sure they get my email as well and this is getting to be a problem. I've contacted the other individuals' addressees to let them know that their email isn't going to the right person and have asked them to contact the other party via landline to speak to them (they have the other party's phone number).

I've contacted Verizon in the past and haven't had even the slightest amount of satisfaction. Recommendations?

0 Likes
Re: Misdirected Email
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unlikely.  More likely you are getting spam or someone misentering the email addrss.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@JStew wrote:

I keep getting another family's email because, for some reason, verizon has allowed both of us to have the same email address. I'm absolutely sure they get my email as well and this is getting to be a problem. I've contacted the other individuals' addressees to let them know that their email isn't going to the right person and have asked them to contact the other party via landline to speak to them (they have the other party's phone number).

I've contacted Verizon in the past and haven't had even the slightest amount of satisfaction. Recommendations?

What did the parties you've contacted (except Verizon) say in response to your contact?

0 Likes
JStew
Enthusiast - Level 1

Their home and car insurance company (State Farm) answered my request and stated they'd contact them. Since then, I've received no emails from State Farm for them.

The family's pediatritcian (I won't mention the name) also returned my request and contacted the family via landline. I've recieved an email from them again, but when I sent another response, they were quick to let me know it wouldn't happen again, and it hasn't.

They have a son who attends a grammer school in their CA hometown and I received an email to his mother (Giavannia) stating he was acting up. I sent the school an email and no further action was necessary.

The main, recurring issues are his bills and bank statements. I keep getting notices that his bill "is available" and actually shows his outstanding balance. His bank sends out his account balance for his checking account every Friday morning.

These are not the only ones but just a sample. I also get spam but it's impossible to say if it was targeted to my family or his with one exception: there's a Chevy dealer who is in his home town who sends spam every other day.

After contacting VZ repeatedly, I'm actually thinking about getting their attention via the courts. Pretty sad when you have to do the right thing by going to court to make someone wake up.

0 Likes