Missing email
hitch_0

When I signed into my email account, I found that there were NO messages waiting for me. I know this should NOT be the case since although I do not check this email very often, I have been using a site that sends information to this email. What could have happened to the messages.

0 Likes
Re: Missing email
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@hitch_0 wrote:

When I signed into my email account, I found that there were NO messages waiting for me. I know this should NOT be the case since although I do not check this email very often, I have been using a site that sends information to this email. What could have happened to the messages.

Any time mail disappears from the server, there's a pretty good chance there's some device pulling it off via POP3 access. This can happen even without you intending it to. For example, the default Verizon setup for a long time (and possibly still) configured Outlook automatically unless you were paying attention and unchecked the box during the install.

The easiest way to fix it is to change your password. Once the device(s) can no longer authenticate, the disappearances should stop.

0 Likes