NOTICE: System-wide email outage
JGreeb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since verizon hasn't posted anything yet, I figure I would do it.

It appears that the verizon.net email is having significant problems today (21 April).  It appears that access to your verizon.net email account is sporadic at best.  This includes accessing it through the verizon webpage or with a third-party email program (like Outlook).   This failure has been ongoing since this morning (~ 10 AM Eastern time) and continues (current time is 1:30 PM Eastern Time).  Based on a review of posts on this forum, it appears widespread. I live in the Baltimore/DC area and I've seen other posts from Texas, Florida and California.  

Re: NOTICE: System-wide email outage
Jamie311
Enthusiast - Level 1

This same type of outage has been happening during the daytime hours on various days for at least a month. It seems that Verizon is trying to merge their different sites together and are locking the system down. So the system will come back up late this afternoon and stay up until another day when they make another attempt at merging. Meanwhile, they don't understand how critical it is when access to email is lost. Verizon should roll out a schedule of when they will be working on the system and that there may be a chance that the system will go down.

@JGreeb wrote:

Since verizon hasn't posted anything yet, I figure I would do it.

It appears that the verizon.net email is having significant problems today (21 April).  It appears that access to your verizon.net email account is sporadic at best.  This includes accessing it through the verizon webpage or with a third-party email program (like Outlook).   This failure has been ongoing since this morning (~ 10 AM Eastern time) and continues (current time is 1:30 PM Eastern Time).  Based on a review of posts on this forum, it appears widespread. I live in the Baltimore/DC area and I've seen other posts from Texas, Florida and California.  

enard
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's not only in those states but in the Pacific Northwest also. Tried to contact support for information but after 1 hour of hanging on for cistomer support to answer , I gave up. I've had nothing but trouble since Verizon changed to their so called Verizon 2.0. hmmmm!" If It 's not broke don't fix it."Customer support Is the worst!. Thinking very serious about switching back to Comcast.  At least when I had a problem I got an answer or help to try to resolve an issue.

mbcube
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been going on with Verizon for a very long time.  Too Long in my mind!

IT WOULD BE NICE IF THEY ADJUSTED THE BILL FOR OUR INCONVEINENCE

I'd suggest we all send a written complaint.

gsfesq

Service problem also in Philadelphia

0 Likes
redsteve

{please keep it relevant}

Today's performance is both disgraceful and inept customer service

0 Likes
redsteve

{please keep it relevant} Typical Verizon - you are about to lose a $700 a month customer.

0 Likes
Mleavell

I am in Indiana and am having the same issue.  I've only been using the Verizon site for web based email since late March and this type of issue seems to be common, perhaps not as lengthy as today's outage.  It also seems slow compared to other webmail services I have used in the past.  I would encourage Verizon to post outage information before taking the system down, as that is customary for any technical outage, that way your customers can plan around it, or make other arrangements.  Some of your customers use this email for business related activities not just as a personal email account.

0 Likes
JoAnna1182

I completely AGREE!  I actually hadn't had any problems with Verizon's email until today.  The strange thing about it is my Dad's email which is linked to my account is working fine, but MY email is the one that isn't working?! 

They should totally possible outage alerts/announcements in advance so that we're not all calling Verizon at the same time to complain about the SAME issue.  We're all wasting valuable time on hold with customer service.

0 Likes
Shy2Bricks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon put this notice up in a forum, but not the actual main page- You can't even reply to it. It's one or two messages after this one.

***EMAIL ACCESS: KNOWN ISSUE: PLEASE READ*** 
04-21-2010 11:21 AM

Some Verizon customers are unable to access email today.  We are looking to isolate and resolve the problem and will update you here on this Forum post.  Please stay tuned!

0 Likes