New Outlook Email Settings
Stormy9

I have gotten the "Second Notice" email instructing me to change my Outlook email settings.  I have tried to do it for two hours or more, just on my main computer. My outgoing settings are fine, but when I try to switch the Port number for incoming and then test settings, I have to wait  and wait and finally get get an error message. I have tried restarting, as instructed, with no luck.  This leaves me wondering if this is an authentic email.  I haven't tried to change settings on my other 3 devices,

I am using Outlook2010.  My current incoming port is 110.

0 Likes
Re: New Outlook Email Settings
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Stormy wrote:

I have gotten the "Second Notice" email instructing me to change my Outlook email settings.  I have tried to do it for two hours or more, just on my main computer. My outgoing settings are fine, but when I try to switch the Port number for incoming and then test settings, I have to wait  and wait and finally get get an error message. I have tried restarting, as instructed, with no luck.  This leaves me wondering if this is an authentic email.  I haven't tried to change settings on my other 3 devices,

I am using Outlook2010.  My current incoming port is 110.

The changes encompass more than just the port setting. I'm not sure what version of Outlook you are using, but here is what it looks like in the version I have when I set up (fake) account "username@verizon.net" with current settings:

image image

0 Likes