New POP email settings wont work on iPhone 4
airbear1

I set all of the new settings as directed and keep getting an error msg to check my POP.incoming settings.  They are all set per the Verizon instructions

0 Likes
Re: New POP email settings wont work on iPhone 4
miitenstick

You are correct it does not work for outgoing emails emails. Only show inbox and none of the sent, draft or trash files.

I do not mind dealing with bugs but when reaching out to verizon for help it just sounds like crickets. I would just use Google mail and sunset verizon.

0 Likes
miitenstick

You are correct it does not work for outgoing emails emails. Only show inbox and none of the sent, draft or trash files.

I do not mind dealing with bugs but when reaching out to verizon for help it just sounds like crickets. I would just use Google mail and sunset verizon.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you restart your iphone.  That is the most reported fix.

0 Likes
u010dmd

Delete the account and re-add the account. The apple email app will obtain the correct settings

0 Likes
Bruce-Andrew
The "correct" settings iOS devices capture when you delete and re-create an email account are NOT the settings Vz keeps insisting they require. What's going on Verizon?
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thats only because apple hasn't updated them.

But you can delete and add account with the recommended settings.  Then make sure you restart your device.

0 Likes
Bruce-Andrew
Sorry, but manually entering Vz settings and then restarting doesn't work. As I've said elsewhere only the default iOS settings work.
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

And yet many others have it working.  I have it working on an IPAD

0 Likes
kwarendorf

I just deleted and re-added the Verizon email accounts from my iPhone and iPad. They were both set up automatically with the new pop & smtp servers.

Kyle

0 Likes