Not receiving email alerts from my bank
ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

I have my bank's online alert system set up to send me email when certain actions occur to my account.  These alerts stopped coming to me some time in January.  I thought it was a problem at their end because they had said that they were upgrading their system, but yesterday I added a Gmail address to the alerts and those are now coming through!

I have checked the spam folder on my computer (I usually use Forte Agent to receive mail via POP) and have disabled spam filtering at Verizon's end, but the email from the bank won't come to my @verizon.net addresses.  I would prefer not to use a Gmail address for this, as Google knows too much about me as it is, I don't need them sniffing the alerts I get from my bank!

As far as I know all other email is getting through to my @verizon.net addresses, but I guess I can't be sure of that!

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving email alerts from my bank
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The bank's IP address might be blacklisted on Verizon's network. Does the bank get back any replies saying that the email to you did not go through?

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving email alerts from my bank
ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

@Telcoguru wrote:

The bank's IP address might be blacklisted on Verizon's network. Does the bank get back any replies saying that the email to you did not go through?

They haven't sent me any messages about their email being bounced, and I haven't called them to ask about it.  I assume that their alert system is automated and have not tried sending any questions to its address.  The bank's web site doesn't list any email contact addresses, just a phone number to call, and I really don't like calling customer service voice numbers and have someone make me go through all of the steps I've already tried!

Is there a page somewhere on the Verizon site listing the blacklisted ip addresses?

0 Likes