Old Email account being used for spam
terrylkidd

I was one of the users that got my email account moved to frontier.com. Now my old verizon email account has been hijacked and is being used to send spam to people in my contacts. How do I get my old email account deleted?

0 Likes
Re: Old Email account being used for spam
Hubrisnxs
Legend

The first thing you want to do is change your username and password for it.  I am pretty sure once you got moved to frontier, verizon migrated you out of their systems and into frontiers.   you can "try" to reset your password at www.verizon.com/repair but if your username was sent to frontier's systems, then it may or may not recognize you.   If that is the case, then go to frontier's website and see if they have a similiar reset tool.  

The second you change your password, that is an immediate fix, the person that hacked your account is doing this because they have your PW.   when you change it, they no longer have it.  

You should contact frontier about it though, and see if they can even delete it.  Verizon only lets you delete sub accounts, not primary accounts, so you have to call frontier and have them check what they can do about it. 

0 Likes
Re: Old Email account being used for spam
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@TerryKidd wrote:

I was one of the users that got my email account moved to frontier.com. Now my old verizon email account has been hijacked and is being used to send spam to people in my contacts. How do I get my old email account deleted?

Hubrisnx those are great suggestions

TerryKidd please try logging in to change your password on the account. If this is not possible, please reply back to let us know.

0 Likes