Re: Outbound Email Delivery Blocked
Dr_Tom1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should add to my post that I have been working here off and on for six months and the problem just started last evening,

0 Likes
Dr_Tom1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did call Verizon a thrid time (see my post above), and I taked to a service technician who understood the problem. On my previous call I was told that Verizon was absolutely not rejecting mail at the SMTP server. That assertion was incorrect. Verizon is blocking the mail, but for a valid reason.

I am in a hotel in Saudi Arabia. The IP address for the  hotel was blacklisted this week, and Verizon noted the blacklist and blocked sent mail from that IP Address. The Verizon technician provided this site: http://www.mxtoolbox.com/. Click on the Blacklist button and enter your IP address and you can see if your location is blacklisted.

The moral of this story relates to any problem you have with Verizon. If you call many times, you will evnetually get someone who has the knowledge required to address your issue.

Now I am working with hotel to try to resolve the issue.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes