Outgoing email problems
Kiru123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I keep getting this message.  Any advice?  I can get incoming emails just cant send outgoing emails.

The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was xyz@verizon.net'. Subject 'test message', Account: 'Home Email', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given.', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Please help!

Re: Outgoing email problems
Justin46
Legend

@Kiru123 wrote:

I keep getting this message.  Any advice?  I can get incoming emails just cant send outgoing emails.

The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was xyz@verizon.net'. Subject 'test message', Account: 'Home Email', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given.', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Please help!

You do not indicate what email client you are using, but the common cause for this error is you do not have the "requires authentication" box checked:

Here is my definition for Windows Live Mail, see he checkbox near the bottom. (Note: for security reasons I blocked out my user name, etc.)

If you do have that box checked, I think you are going to need to provide additional information, such as which client and the definitions you are using.

By the way, many solutions to errors like this can be found simply by Googling the error message. In this case:

530 5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given

Doing this may not find all of the errors, and you need to be careful with email issues to make sure you know which ISP is being used because the fix may actually vary, but this is almost always a good start in identifying and potentially fixing email errors. 

Keller, TX 76248