Problem with email setup in iPhone after changing to secure settings
gusverde
Enthusiast - Level 2

When changing account settings to use Verizon's new secure email settings, my iPhone keeps giving error " Can not get Mail, the mail server incoming.verizon.net is not responding.

I am using port 995 with SSL as instructed. Switching back to the standard port 110 with no SSL works fine.

Outgoing works fine with port 465 and SSL.

Also, same secure settings on Outlook 2010 work perfectly fine.

Anyone having this issue?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problem with email setup in iPhone after changing to secure settings
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@gusverde wrote:

When changing account settings to use Verizon's new secure email settings, my iPhone keeps giving error " Can not get Mail, the mail server incoming.verizon.net is not responding.

I am using port 995 with SSL as instructed. Switching back to the standard port 110 with no SSL works fine.

A few other people have posted that after making the changes they had to reboot their iPhone/iPad in order for it to connect again. Have you tried restarting?

View solution in original post

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@gusverde wrote:

A few other people have posted that after making the changes they had to reboot their iPhone/iPad in order for it to connect again. Have you tried restarting?

gusverde
Enthusiast - Level 2

That was it !.

Thank you so much.

Gus

djm12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Greetings.  I had the same thing happen to me as well.  After setting the incoming port to 995 SSL, I was unable to receive incoming messages on my iPhone 4S.  I tried resetting and at first it did not work.  I then re-verified my e-mail settings, closed all of my open apps (incoming the Mail app) and then re-started the phone again.  Now the phone is receiving incoming messages using 995 SSL.

0 Likes
jwi

My iphone4s does not give me the option to edit incoming mail server port number, it does for outgoing server???

0 Likes
cucu1

When you open your account, drag you screen up and find "Advanced". That is where you will find your port and SSL settings for your incoming.

0 Likes
revrose
I made the changes to my IPhone 5 as suggested and both the incoming and outgoing mail disappeared. Fortunately I did not change the settings on my IPad. I've changed the phone settings back and got my mail working again. Now what should I do? Need to receive the mail on the phone. Can't always access the IPad nor can I view the account while at work Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
0 Likes
JE82

I have the same problem with my iPad.  It worked the first time and now it does not.  I get the same message as in other posts about the iPhone.

0 Likes
Re: Problem with email on mobile devices
JOHBEL29

Last week, my wife and I noticed that we were no longer receiving messages on our iPhones and iPad.  Email on our laptop works fine. 

After several calls to the Verizon tech support, deleting the account, setting it up again with server and port information as provided by the rep, we can receive messages, but we've lost all our personal folders.

Also, whereas before, a message sent from one device would show up - sync - with the other devices, now that no longer happens.

I called Apple, and the rep there said it's a Verizon issue, not an Apple-device related issue.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

PS Two separate Verizon reps said that they've been experiencing various problems with Verizon email for a couple of months now, but didn't have any idea of when/if they'd be resolved.

0 Likes