Really slow outbox
RobHunt
Contributor - Level 1

In the past week, I've noticed that nearly any message I send sits in my Outlook Outbox folder for tens of seconds (if not minutes).  It used to be that once I clicked [Send] button, the message zipped out to Verizon servers is less time that it took to blink.  Now, messages (regardless of their size), sit in the outbox.

What's up Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Really slow outbox
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

What do you have your Outlook set to do?  

0 Likes
RobHunt
Contributor - Level 1

Do you mean what are my Outlook e-mail settings for Verizon?

pop.verizon.net    port 995 (ssl)

smtp.verizon.net  port 465 (ssl)

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

NO.  I forget the exact options as I haven't used outlook since moving from office 2003 to office 2007 in 2007. 

Options such as send messages  immediately.  Otherwise I believe it defaults to the interval you have set for checking for messages. That can be check at startup and/or every n minutes. N defaulting to some value such as 10 minutes.

0 Likes
RobHunt
Contributor - Level 1

"Send immediately when connected" is checked (always has been).

Like I said before, this is an intermittent issue; most times (previously to about a week ago), the outgoing e-mail was shipped without delay.  Now, even the briefest of missives can sit in the Outbox for tens of seconds if not minutes.

I wish there were a way to get Outlook to log/display the SMTP interaction so the point of hanging could be determined.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

When immediate fails for some reason, the retry is often that value that I mentioned as defaulting to some number of minutes such as 10 minutes.

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

We get this same problem and in my searching I found the information below. HOWEVER A NUMBER OF THE SEARCHES STATE THE EMAIL PROVIDER NEEDS TO MAKE SOME CORRECTIONS WITH ITS SETTINGS A WELL.

0x800CC70 is Relaying Prohibited error. Try this :
Open Outlook Express, and
Tools > Accounts
Click on Mail tab
Select your email account that is giving you the problems.
Click on Properties
Click on Servers tab
Under the Outgoing Mail Server frame, make sure that My Server require authentication is enabled.
Click on Settings under it
Select Logon using the same settings as my incoming server.
Click on OK
Click on Apply

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

The Error number is 0X800CCC70 however I am still trying to find a repair or fix for it.

0 Likes
RobHunt
Contributor - Level 1

@tns_2 wrote:

When immediate fails for some reason, the retry is often that value that I mentioned as defaulting to some number of minutes such as 10 minutes.

Outlook shows the send as "in progress"; the send/receive work-in-progress dialog never reports an error only that "0 of 1 task(s) have completed"

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

I get this too

"TNS_2 wrote:

When immediate fails for some reason, the retry is often that value that I mentioned as defaulting to some number of minutes such as 10 minutes"

Then a copy of times after trying to resend it to speed it up the 0X800CCC70 error message appears.

0 Likes