Retrieving user profile failed
lwalker11
Enthusiast - Level 3
I keep getting this error since Verizon did the automated switchover to the new Web email application: "Retrieving user profile failed. Please try again." It's been the same now for two days. What do I need to do to access my email account again?! I'm running Windows XP (SP3) with the newest version of Firefox as my browser. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's driving my crazy!!! Thanks!
0 Likes
Re: Retrieving user profile failed
lwalker11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dang...22 hours and no one else has this issue or a solution?  😞

0 Likes
lwalker11
Enthusiast - Level 3

This question must be too difficult for any Verizon techs to answer?  I don't get it...

Can someone please help me with this?  It's crazy that you can't read your own email after Verizon automatically switches you over to some new platform!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@lwalker1 wrote:

This question must be too difficult for any Verizon techs to answer?  I don't get it...

Can someone please help me with this?  It's crazy that you can't read your own email after Verizon automatically switches you over to some new platform!

Perhaps it would help you understand why you have not received an answer if you would read the text at the top of this Forum:

The Verizon Community Forums is where customers help other customers. If you need assistance for specific Verizon account issues, please contact us.

If those of us who do try to help other users here have not experienced the problem, how do you expect us to help? I would be happy to help if I knew how, but I have never experienced that issue. And I suspect most others have not either. And we do not have access to Verizon's customer data base, etc.

I suggest you try contacting Verizon, some folks say using the Live Chat works well.

Keller, TX 76248

lwalker11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oops!  Good point about the intended use of this forum.  😕

I've noticed quite a few responses / solutions from Verizon personnel here and thought it would be someplace to get an answer.  I did try Live Chat the other day to no avail.  Spent an hour with a tech rep and if you don't allow them to remote control into your PC they can't help you (seems the process they use is automated...they do not actually know how to help you otherwise).

Very frustrating!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

OK, it has been a while and no additional help has been offered here that I can see. Do you still have the problem? If so let us know and I will see if I can get some help for you.

Keller, TX 76248

lwalker11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you - yes, I still cannot read / open email using the new Verizon layout.  I can see them, but when I select any of them I get the reported error message  Same thing if I try to open the Emails link under "Emails & More" menu. 

Additionally (helpful info for troubleshooting perhaps?)...under the "Emails & More" menu, the "Contacts" and "Send Text Message" links work fine, but the "Emails & More Overview" also fails with the "Retrieving user profile failed" error message.

0 Likes
lwalker11
Enthusiast - Level 3

🙂  I figured I'd give the Verizon In-Home Agent a shot...see if maybe that troubleshooter would shed some light.

Installed it and tried to run it twice since, and voila "Service is temporarily unavailable." ?!  

I'm doomed I tell ya...  <sigh>

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@lwalker1 wrote:

🙂  I figured I'd give the Verizon In-Home Agent a shot...see if maybe that troubleshooter would shed some light.

Installed it and tried to run it twice since, and voila "Service is temporarily unavailable." ?!  

I'm doomed I tell ya...  <sigh>

Lets hope not....

I have posted a request to Verizon for technical help for your problem. Hopefully someone will get to you soon, probably either sending you a Private Message (PM) here on the Forums or asking you to send them a PM.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
lwalker11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still flopping around like a fish out of water...no access to email.  😞

0 Likes